Questions about Mame

RCoehrs

1.I have Windows Vista on a Emachine what is the best version of Mame to get [Non dos please and newest version]?
2.How do I work Shooting Arcade games with a controller?
3.How do I work Racing games with Controller?
4.Do any versions of Mame Support Simpsons Bowling and if so how would I go about controlling it, as it is a roll ball game [Not sure if that's the tech term for it]
5.I saw there is a way to make the background colors and the border colors different, how would one do this?
6.Sometimes I find games that do not have full files on them and the game is imcomplete is there a way to fix them with a program? if so where can I get this program?

thanks you for your time and help. Your all awesome.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
1. What is an "Emachine"? Anyway get MAME32FX 0.120, cant go wrong with it.

4. "The Simpsons Bowling" is indeed supported in MAME. And the correct term I believe is a "Trackball" game, so youd need a Trackball I guess...

6. if your mean your roms are incomplete, then there is an app to help you. It's called Clrmamepro

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
By enabling the mouse option in the Mame32 options you can use the mouse in place of a trackball, lightgun or any other type of optical or pointing device. Mame will display crosshairs by default on shooting games to show where the reticule is so its very easy to use a mouse. You can turn the reticule on and off with (I think) the F3 button.

spotanjo3

You know Dell ?

Okay, eMachines was a maker of low-cost home PCs based in Irvine, California. It isn't terribly bright and Emachine & Gateway are one of the same kind now.. kinda.

RCoehrs

I am having troubles with the Clrmamepro application, I find the Help tab and the tutorial very Usless to me..I was wondering if thier is another application for such things. Possibly one that is more user friendly

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I am having troubles with the Clrmamepro application, I find the Help tab and the tutorial very Usless to me..I was wondering if thier is another application for such things. Possibly one that is more user friendly

I would suggest sticking with clrmame. When you get the hang of it, you can't live without it ;)
Check out Q-Marine's tutorial, translated by myself. I've uploaded it for you here :)
BTW, perhaps it's an idea to create a seperate post for this tutorial and stick it?