Ps2 emulator for on my xbox

nope impossible the PS2 has alot better and complex Hardware and its just impossible for something like the Xbox to do emulation of it. (We cant even get decent speeds on a PC yet)

montpics

There is no PS2 emulator for Xbox. Clear? :cool:

Reinhart

You would have to find a way to emulate the Emotion Engine core and the I/O core, as well as other things.

For the EmotionEngine, you'd have to efficiently emulate the two vector units, the MIPS CPU core, the MPEG2 core, the graphics synthesizer, and a few other components. And, remember, the core works at 128 bit SIMD.

Then you have the I/O, which is essentially a PSOne core for all intents and purposes (which was also how they managed backwards compatibility with the regular PlayStation library).

And, of course, all elements must not only work efficiently and accurately, they also have to work in perfect synchronization with each other.

There would definitely be challenges for the X-Box to emulate a PS-2 properly, much less a G5 PowerPC or a top-of-the-line Pentium 4 HT setup. - Reinhart

hagbard

I'd only say it's impossible to emulate a 300 Mhz CPU with 32Mb of main RAM on a 733 Mhz CPU with 64 Mb of RAM. You ever need more than double the specs of the emulated machine imho

Last edited:

Reinhart

hagbard said:
I'd only say it's impossible to emulate a 300 Mhz CPU with 32Mb of main RAM on a 733 Mhz CPU with 64 Mb of RAM. You ever need more than double the specs of the emulated machine imho

And, in the case of the PS-2, the main CPU isn't exactly a "main CPU." The EmotionEngine core is fairly unconventional in terms of design. The main processing core consists of the MIPS CPU and two vector unit processors, and that's only part of the EmtionEngine. - Reinhart

hagbard

That would explain the hard task it's to emulate such a weird hardware.

the_ghost

emu wizard
matoe said:
is that possible?? and what emulator can i use???
if that were possible, there would be no need for anybody to have a playstation2.
And that would piss Sony off, Lawsuites would be handed out like lolipops at a barbershop.

morph1277

cant somebody take a ps2 emulator source code and turn it into a xbox emulator i found a really good emulator that will run on linux or windows with the source code if anyone can do this i want in on it :) heres the link to the emulator site http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php it also has the binarys to download and play on your computer