Project natal for xbox 360!

xxTheNextxx

I'm sure that Project natal has not yet released.

Project Natal (pronounced [naˈtal], nah-tahl) is the code name for a "controller-free gaming and entertainment experience" by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 video game platform. Based on an add-on peripheral for the Xbox 360 console, Project Natal enables users to control and interact with the Xbox 360 without the need to touch a game controller through a natural user interface using gestures, spoken commands,[1] or presented objects and images. The project is aimed at broadening the Xbox 360's audience beyond its typically hardcore base.[2] Project Natal was first announced on June 1, 2009 at E3 2009. Microsoft said that over a thousand software development kits began shipping to game developers that same day.[2]

Though Microsoft has not officially announced any price or release date projections for Project Natal,[3][2][4] it is expected to be released in late 2010.[5][6][7][8][9][10] Project Natal will reportedly also serve as the basis for a "new" Xbox 360.[fn 1]

We will make an Xbox 360 emulator after released on 2010.
Why can't you make PC webcams as project natal plugins?

Thus, I thinks this makes easy:
Drives: DVD-rom, CD-rom drives.
CPU must 3.2 GHz or over
Storage must 20, 60, 120 or 250 GB hard drive, 64, 256 or 512 MB memory cards, 256 or 512 MB

Your computer memory must over 512MB of GDDR3 RAM clocked at 700MHz
Graphics 500 MHz
Controller input : Keyboard, mouse, single/twin vibration joystick, Pc webcam (As project natal){Coming soon}

Connect to internet accepted

Jale

We will make an Xbox 360 emulator after released on 2010.
Why can't you make PC webcams as project natal plugins?

Thus, I thinks this makes easy:
Drives: DVD-rom, CD-rom drives.
CPU must 3.2 GHz or over
Storage must 20, 60, 120 or 250 GB hard drive, 64, 256 or 512 MB memory cards, 256 or 512 MB

Your computer memory must over 512MB of GDDR3 RAM clocked at 700MHz
Graphics 500 MHz
Controller input : Keyboard, mouse, single/twin vibration joystick, Pc webcam (As project natal){Coming soon}

Connect to internet accepted
It doesn't sound that easy. Those specs are not enough to emulate an Xbox 360, they wouldn't even reach the minimum requirements (unless we're talking about 3.2 GHz quad/hexa core such as Intel's Core i7 and the upcoming Core i9).

512 MB GDDR3, I don't get it as RAM memory but video memory if I'm not mistaken. Either way, it's probably not enough. Same with 500 MHz GPU speed.

As for webcam emulation with Project Natal, I don't know the exact specifications for it, but knowing that a webcam has low and unconsistent frame rate, it would perform very bad.

Last edited:

Zach

I used to own a pretty damn good webcam actually. As far as webcams go, making a plugin to interface with actual webcam hardware and tricking the emulator /machine into thinking that hardware is whatever it actually supports, is probably going to be simple, compared to writing an emulator in the first place.