Problem with chankast

Athos

Hello again!!

I have 2 problems.The first problem is that in first time i run normally a game in Chankast and when i want to close it i am going to Run -> Exit. The problem is when i am trying to play again. When i am going to Run -> Start then the following message is appears : "can't read TOC from d: drive". D is the drive where the game is. When i eject the cd and pushing again "start" then the message appears again. Whatever i do the message remains. That means that i can play with Chankast only for one time. I must download again the emulator to play again.
Have you any idea? Please help.

The second problem is that when i am playing Resident evil code veronica the sound is normal but after 5-10 minutes suddenly disappears. I haven't play any other games and i don't know if the problem could appears in all the games.

Athos

Did you use an original disc or a backup? CD-ROM drives can't read DreamCast GD-ROMs.

I use a backup disc, but it doasn't matter cause whatever i do the same message appears even when i have not any disc in my driver. Just i can't launch for second time the emu.

Why that message appears?

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Did you put the Dreamcast BIOS in the correct folder?
BTW, in relation to my other post: (some) CD-ROM drives can rip Dreamcast games now, but they can't read them to play in emulators.

oskarausmexiko

Problem Running DC Games

Hi: :)
I really need help running a DC game, actually didnt think it would be so hard and compliated, well I already have installed Chankast with the bios and plugins on my computer and then insert the disk and it doesnt recognize it it says "Please insert the disk" and its already in, I did click on the drives and selected "d:" and still doesnt work. I really would appreaciate your help, and Im sorry if l ask all this but lm not good at emulation so pls be patient with me hehe :msn_shy: . lm just trying to play the same game "RE:Code Veronica" on my computer.
What else do l ihave to do? :confused:
Thx in advance. :bow:
Oscar Quiroz.

oskarausmexiko

Dont answer with other question please :( I was expecting to get a clear answer but only got another question?? My disk is original if that helps and as u must know "RE:Code Veronica" Game are two disks anyway I hope somebody can help me and explain me how I must do it to play it on my computer :bow: :( pls. Well thx in advance again
Greetings
Oscar Quiroz.