Probably a stupid question(but very useful info for me)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I just wanted to know how to make a READ ONLY disc with Nero ,i mean that the files of that disc cannot be copied or modified in anyway.

Many thanks in advance.

onewecallgod

You cannot dynamically change files on a CD anyways, so that in itself solves the modification issue, but preventing it from being copied is tougher as you'd have to implement a copy protection yourself. You could always encrypt or password protect the data.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I mean when i buy a CD from a shop and they are copied ones,i cannot copy for example Norton antivirus setup from the CD i bought. Now i am doing the same thing selling my home made CD-S so i don't want to give to anyone a CD and after he/she has copied the material i gave him in his/her PC come back to me and tell me he/she didn't like it. That's my point.

How could i make them right protected with passwords for example ,is there a program for this?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Thanks a lot.

Zach

You cannot dynamically change files on a CD anyways, so that in itself solves the modification issue, but preventing it from being copied is tougher as you'd have to implement a copy protection yourself. You could always encrypt or password protect the data.

Well, yes and no.. aside from DVD-RAM, there are some other drivers floating around that kind of give you the ability with regular burns and RW's.. You can technically "wipe" an R, or replace a file, but I think you lose the space forever once its overwritten as blank.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi Zach , aside that my PC has been attacked by a random thunder ,my ethernet card screwed up and my ADSL2 modem too :))) i have a DVD RAM drive ?

What can i do ?