Nintendo DS Emulator?

Jale

Originally posted by phyee86@Dec 14 2004, 05:43 AM
Oh, so sad. I'm waiting for pokemon dash, pokemon pearl and pokemon emerald in nintendo ds.
It's gonna be a long wait...

montpics

Pokemon fanatics...... B)

wuballz

i just bought a d.s. cant wait for them to start making "develope kits" for them. any guess about how long it will take them? :)

J

Jet Set Willy

It usually doesn't take long, thanks to the wealth of free compilers out there, which are generally quite easily modifiable to support other platforms.

Huzzah.

Falados

You guys want to give em a chance to make the system? The system was just made, if everyone just goes out and downloads emulators, then no more game systems would ever come out. Just suck it up and buy it you... you... cheapo.

belmont

MANY GREAT NEWS !!!!
The first DS rom was released and some hackers try to make it run with the use of GBA flash cards !!!
Here is the info

Filename : Metroid.Prime.First.Hunt-DF.rar
Rom Filename : Metroid.Prime.First.Hunt-DF.nds
CRC32 : C2FB5233
Rom Serial : NTR-AMFE-USA
Internal Name : FIRST HUNT
Size : 128Mbit/16MBytes

ROM Progress Report....
DarkFader hasn't been getting much sleep recently but he may earn a solid 12 hour block of shut-eye shortly if he keeps making progress at this pace. Here's what's happened since DarkFader dumped the Metroid card on Dec 21st...

1) He flashed the ARM7 part of Metroid to GBA cartridge. At startup this code normally gets loaded to the RAM from the DS cartridge but DarkFader changed the execution address to the GBA slot. This worked. The Metroid card can be removed and Metroid is still playable from the GBA slot.

2) DarkFader dumped the first 0x4000 bytes of the ARM9 executable with a piece of ARM7 code and can reconstruct a full ROM.

What does this mean?

1) The entire system may well be accessible from the GBA slot - not just GBA games. Which would greatly speed homebrewing as writable GBA cartridges are cheap and plentiful.
2) DarkFader is able to work on virtually no sleep and should be commended.

Robert

JAPPsmash said:
Only runs GBA roms...
Actually it doesn't run anything yet...we (on another forum)
are assisting the developer with dr watson dumps and suchlike.
Once it is stable, he will start work on getting it to run games.

I'd provide a link to the latest version, and our thread, but I
expect it would break a rule.

Also the name was changed to dsemu.exe