Emulator Problem: New to Emulating

Kesselring

Hey guys, new person here (yeah I know what you're thinking, oh god ANOTHER one of these people). Bear with me in the mean time, I'm pretty noob to emulating. I actually try to avoid forums and come to them as a final resource.

So here's my dilemma:
I am a streamer on a website, and I use livestream to stream my games live to an audience, up to this point I've just been purchasing games on steam/in store and playing them. I've always thought about using emulators and playing a couple older 'retro' games if you will to fit the bill of my audience.

What I've done thus far:
Well I've checked out a few videos on youtube on how to set up various emulators and how to play them, rummaged through the configurations/settings and tried to get the best possible solutions for the problems that I'm having while using procaster (livestream tool). I haven't done a whole lot of research other than those videos and asking other streamers whats good (they basically have no clue from my understanding of what they're using). So I figured I'd come here and see if you guys can shed some light into my problems I'm currently facing

My questions/problems:
1. What would be the best sony-esque/type emulator to use, is there possibly an emulator that runs all 3 systems (don't really care about the handheld sony systems), or in my situation is it just best to use one emulator for each system?
2. The emulator that I have tried (PSX 1.3) runs well, and I really like it, very simple to use. However when I run procaster along with it, it creates lag and starts running slow. I know it can't be my rig because these are PSX games we're talking about, I run games like deadspace 2 and planetside 2 without hardly any difference in FPS. So what needs to be done to cut this lag situation out of the equation? It only happens when I run procaster (livestream tool), if I'm not running it, it runs tip top.

Would appreciate any kind of help in advance guys. Thank you!

testmachine

Old member
I'm not quite sure what causes the lag when you run procast,but i can reccomend you to try other psx emulators like:
ePSXe (Best and most updated,last updated this month)
pSX 1.13 (A very good emulator but isn't updated anymore)
PCSX Reloaded (It got updated (fairly) recently)
PSXeven (One of my favourites,runs almost every game,disc changing works and supports plugins)
As for the lag when running procast,pSX 1.13 is kind of resource heavy.So try using ePSXe with procast and post the results here.Good Luck!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hey testmachine. how does Psx 1.13 take alot of resources? The graphics aren't even Hi-res. I would like to know, because you are the expert here for benchmarking.

testmachine

Old member
Hey testmachine. how does Psx 1.13 take alot of resources? The graphics aren't even Hi-res. I would like to know, because you are the expert here for benchmarking.

It takes around 150 mb of ram.But it takes 150 mb because i am playing on a high resolution (1280x860),bilinear interpolation is on (And only that takes about 25 mb of ram),VSync is on (Vertical Synchronisation is a process that synchronises frames,even that takes a bit of ram).It's not quite resource heavy but it takes a bit of ram Mupen.

TheDidda

GUYS, i need help! I am using the mupen android app and i am trying to play ''Quack attack goin quackers''. I can launch the game with a lot of effort but when i get to the menu nothing works but the ''a'' and ''b'' key. I can't change language or anything! How do i make the controlls work in the menu? please help.

down51

Try different emulator like Epsxe
I've usually record my psx game in my epsxe using Screen Recorder.

sorry for my bad english