Need some advice for a Raspberry Pi replacement single board to emulate arcade games

Quirinus

I have a project where I need to use a single board computer to emulate arcade games. It has to be a single board small computer due to constraints on the size I have to mount the device in the shell I am using so I cant really use an old PC (regular or SFF). Considering the supply issues with getting an actual reaspberry pi and the prohibitive cost to get one from a reseller (IMO), I am exploring other economical single-baord devices but I am not getting any clear indications on what would be a good board to do arcade game emulation. There are several canfifates such as Orange Pi and Libretto that look pretty good but have complaints about lack of documenation and actual software. Orange Pi, for instance, seems to have an emulator named Retro Orange Pi that hasn't been updated in a while. The others are even more vague about their use in emaulation.

Does anyone on this fourm have any experience using Orange Pi, banana Pi, Libretto, etc. and is successfully running an emaulator on it? I welcome your suggestions for the Single-board and the emulator you are using as well as any pitfalls you may have run into. Thank you.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Raspberry PI's are not special, so any single board computer will do the job. The problem is that distributions like "Retripie" are written specifically for the features a Raspberry provides.

I have seen a few videos, in the form of reviews, of stuff running on an Orange Pi.