Messy Desktop

Eru

I recently loaded the FCE NES emulator and I created a folder for it on my desktop and took the icon for starting it and put it on my desktop as well. However, everytime I start it to play, all the little files and folders that came with the program are all over my desktop junking it up. If I try to move them to the folder I created for them, it says they're already there. and if I delete them (cause I thought they were excess) my saved games are gone.

So in short, does anyone know how I can keep the emulator execute icon on my desktop without the excess "baggage" of like 5 or 6 folders showing up on there everytime I start it

Jale

You are copying the .exe file instead of making a shortcut. Place your FCEU files into a folder and then create a shortcut on the desktop.

montpics

Nope, I believe there are intended to be that way for some emulators as some saved file or others will be placed in approriate folder which is being created there.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
montpics said:
Nope, I believe there are intended to be that way for some emulators as some saved file or others will be placed in approriate folder which is being created there.

Sorry, monty, but hagbard is right. The emu is creating the folders indeed for that purpose, but only the shortcut should be placed on the desktop :D

Jale

alcoatjez said:
Sorry, monty, but hagbard is right. The emu is creating the folders indeed for that purpose, but only the shortcut should be placed on the desktop :D
:verysad:

hagbard

It's just the habit, but this time all the credits are belong to Butters :D

Last edited:

hagbard

I know I'm irresistible but pretty conventional for being a dampyr :D