Looking for good RTS games

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Ive just started to play RTS games and I have to say I like to play them, but I cant really find any good ones. Im playing Starcraft:Broodwar online with some friends.I have world in Conflict,but i cant really play it cause i need more ram.
I like games like that. I like Command & Conquer, StarCraft,and World in Conflict.
I only like RTS games that are set in like modern or futuristic timelines. I dont know why.

So does anyone know of any good games?

Zach

Battlezone (need a win98 PC to run properly most likely)
Battlezone II

Ground Control
Ground Controll II

Empire Earth - has many different units from many Epochs. You can play random maps with any timeline. I tend to play WWII units and sometimes modern day units.

Star Trek Armada was a great game. Maybe be another Win98 affair to run properly. I haven't played Armada II personally, but if you like the first one, maybe you'll like that one too.

There is also an Age of Empires II/ Genie engine based Star Wars game. They basically ripped the sprites and music out and made some other minor tweaks. Repackaged it, and called it Galactic Battlegrounds. There is also a little know game called Force Commander - I think it bombed.

H

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Cool thanks Ill try some of those. Thanks

WHEN THE F*CK is Spore coming out. LOL

Splize

Yeah I would recommend:

Ground Control II - really good units, and amazing strategy option.
Medieval II Total War or the older Rome Total War - Epic battles, Historical (Warning really addictive)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
If you like futuristic Sci-Fi RTS then definitely check out a copy of Dawn of War from THQ. Its based on the Warhammer 40k universe and its required specs are low so should run ok on your system (works on my daughters Celeron with 512Mb Ram with no problems at all.

Its a fantastic game and has two expansion (Winter Assault and Dark Crusade) available.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Thanks Ill try those too.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
There is also an Age of Empires II/ Genie engine based Star Wars game. They basically ripped the sprites and music out and made some other minor tweaks. Repackaged it, and called it Galactic Battlegrounds.

God, I have this game... not worth getting. Unless you want it for comical relief.

Rather get "Dawn of War" or "Rise Of Nations".

And the Dark Crusade expansion for Dawn of War a definite must... adds 2 new "races", unlike Winter Assault that just adds 1.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I ""acquired"" Dawn of War but I cant play online.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
True, but it seems like StarCraft. So ill probably go buy it.

Splize

Man you make me want to redownload Empire Earth. I miss that game.

Zach you familiar with the ww1 campaign? If so remember that mission where theres like a dead mans land between your base and the enemy and you have to destroy 3 of the enemies forts. Man I love that mission.