Lookin for playstation emulation for mobile phones

Royal Joker

Hi, I'm kinda new to all of this...Well, I got nokia 6600 cellphone and I'm looking for playstation emulation program for it. Could you, guys, know by any chance a place where can I get it?

Thanks in advance :D

mhl12

cell phones are not computers. they lack the processor speed, graphics, and sounds. Wait like 10 more years for a ps1 emulator.

TheCreator

It won't be 10 years when you can get a phone that'll be capable of emulating PSone. I had a look in a mobile games magazine, and some newer games are becoming quite advanced with 3-D graphics, partly because of 3G, even Ridge Racer is coming out to mobile! It should be by next year when a PSone emulator will be available, then there'll be bigger memory cards available, etc.

montpics

TheCreator said:
It won't be 10 years when you can get a phone that'll be capable of emulating PSone. I had a look in a mobile games magazine, and some newer games are becoming quite advanced with 3-D graphics, partly because of 3G, even Ridge Racer is coming out to mobile! It should be by next year when a PSone emulator will be available, then there'll be bigger memory cards available, etc.
Even there 'will' be available in the next 10 years, but why you still believe that your Nokia 6600 is capable in playing PS games? :cool:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
TheCreator said:

Emulation is a way different thing. It takes a lot of processing power for a sytem such as PSone. Way more than will be available in phones a year from now.

TheCreator

Definitely by mid-end of 2007 there will be a PSone emulator available. With hardware improving at quite a rate, the future looks bright. Remember, Nokia made the N-Gage, a 3D console, so it shouldn't be too challenging for them to make a phone capable of running a PSone emulator. It would be amazing to just play Spyro or GT at the bus stop on a mobile device, even if the PSP is around the corner/ or actually is out for you lucky North Americans.

spaceduk

i reckon the nokia communicator ( latest version) could probably play playstation games as its about as powerful as a top of the range palm pad as far as i know. or the xda maybe.

montpics

TheCreator said:
Definitely by mid-end of 2007 there will be a PSone emulator available. With hardware improving at quite a rate, the future looks bright. Remember, Nokia made the N-Gage, a 3D console, so it shouldn't be too challenging for them to make a phone capable of running a PSone emulator. It would be amazing to just play Spyro or GT at the bus stop on a mobile device, even if the PSP is around the corner/ or actually is out for you lucky North Americans.
I personally don't bother too much about having a mobile that can play PS games in future. Imagine, a small screen and tough buttons to be controlled.

One special note :
N-Gage and PSP is handheld, not console. :cool:

TheCreator

montpics said:
I personally don't bother too much about having a mobile that can play PS games in future. Imagine, a small screen and tough buttons to be controlled.

I have a Genesis emulator on my 6600, it works great but there is no sound, and controlling it is not a problem. I guess you're right about the PSone as that has more buttons, but there is the novelty of having a 3D game on a tiny device, and even if you do come home from school, you can pull out your mobile and play Spyro without bringing your PSP. Guess it is PSP for now.