If you going to release an emulator make sure it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

tx3000

Banned
Dolphin doesn't work and has tons of problems

For starters there is no way to know the configuration for this because it HAS NO INSTRUCTIONS

Then there are these 2 issues:
1. There is no game that loads in this stupid thing.
2. The game never loads it just sits there at a black screen.

How about a pictorial or some very, very, clear cut instructions, outlining the exact process step by step filling in evry single little detail saying 1. click this 2. click this 3. go here and click this.

I need to know exactly what I have to do in order to get this thing working because right now this is a useless program sitting on my desk top doing nothing but taking up space. And even though i have a 500GB HD I don't like unusable broken programs taking up space and i still have over 410 GB left open on my HD.

If you try to send me off to another place like the WIKI, or try to tell me it does, or how people say I should be more polite or anything else except the instructions It's going to get ignored..PERIOD

People's personal feelings or telling me I'm being rude or whatever isn't going to get this emulator working right. So lets just stcik to answers and aviod any problems that will arise from avoiding and or dodging the questions shall we.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Jale

We DON'T develop these emulators. We just distribute them. Also, Gamecube/Wii emulation is in its very early stage of development so expect many games not working on it.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.

tx3000

Banned
We DON'T develop these emulators. We just distribute them. Also, Gamecube/Wii emulation is in its very early stage of development so expect many games not working on it.

You people are F*#$ing Unreal, you alway always make up excuses, then act like what your doing is 100% perfectly fine, and you all find no fault and shame in what your doing.

It's very simple, If you know it can't play a huge chunck of the games, then WTF are you distributing it for? Are you people F*#$ing retarded.

Regardless if any of the things i mention on this list are free or not:
Would you buy brand new car right off the lot from a well know reputible dealership? that only have good portion of the engine missing
Do DVD players that only play 1/4 of the DVD's in existance but not the others (Aside from Blue-Ray players)
Do xbox 360's only play a small portion of the 360 games out there?

No, none of you would, and you would all say something to the places about it.

And those exa,[les are the exact same thing as this reply here.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Would you buy brand new car right off the lot from a well know reputible dealership? that only have good portion of the engine missing
Do DVD players that only play 1/4 of the DVD's in existance but not the others (Aside from Blue-Ray players)

im sorry mate but did you pay for dolphin?

''je moet een gegeven paard niet in de bek kijken''
''don't look in the mouth of a given horse''

you say regardless the price? money does matter.

also we are not the creators but distributors.

why do we use dolphin? because if you know how to configure it, you can play NGC/WII games. yeah its hard to find how to.

but that is why this forum is here people explain it.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You people are F*#$ing Unreal, you alway always make up excuses, then act like what your doing is 100% perfectly fine, and you all find no fault and shame in what your doing.

It's very simple, If you know it can't play a huge chunck of the games, then WTF are you distributing it for? Are you people F*#$ing retarded.

In fairness though, you do seem to be overlooking the fact that you aren't in the market for a finished product because these emulators aren't finished products.
They are in a beta state and released for free by the authors so people can try and test them. Whether you choose to or not is up to you, but to use your own analogy back at you, you aren't going to a lot to get a new car then throwing a tantrum because the engines missing.
You're going to the production plant and losing your mind because the cars on the production line aren't finished.
The authors are under no obligation to release the WIP versions of these emulators as they develop, but they do so because they are part of an emulation community.

Seriously, people here aren't your parents and couldn't care less whether you've got the hump or not. If you really, really want to play faultless GC and/or Wii games go out and f**king buy them. Posting petulant little rants on emulation forums isn't going to get you any help, it will just get you banned, then you can have your little strops in private.

If you want to emulate GC and Wii games but want a complete and finished emulator then by all means come back in 5 years when its done.

Although when you do, you might want to compose a support thread that at least includes the rudimentary info people need to help, like your systems specs, your operating system, the version of the emulator you're trying, what games you're trying, what format they are in and what things you've already tried including any error messages you've received. Without that basic info no-one can give you support anyway - this isn't the psychic hotline.

Best of luck.

Also for the record EZ is a community site and a portal that facilitates access to the various emulators and emulator sites in one convenient place. They aren't involved in the development of any emulators and there are loads of emulators that can be accessed from this site that are in a more beta state than Dolphin. If you ever need to top up your blood pressure by all means try a few of those out.

officedancevd9.gif

Last edited:

Jale

OK, lower your tone. First, emulators are not easy to do since they require to be reverse enginered and that means developers put a lot of their efforts in resesarch and programming, all of this FOR FREE! (the whole most of the cases). Second, emulators are developed with more than entertaining purposes but also educational; I mean, this is not a business, because if it were, then why bother trying an emulator and get the real thing instead? And third, being offensive won't get you nowhere.

So please, think before you post. Closed.

Last edited:

Zach

Jesus Christ, who let you on the Internet?

All the points have been made, but I'm stating the obvious as a warning. Don't expect to show up on a forum and act like a bitch, who needs to be catered to and told everything "or else".

If you think showing up with a bad attitude and a chip on your shoulder, and complaining about something you downloaded from a site whose function you apparently don't even grasp on a basic level, is going to get you ANY help, then don't bother posting.

I feel bad for you if you do this on every forum you visit when you have a problem with something.. And I have even less tolerance for people who just show up demanding help so they can play their 1337 downloads NOW NOW NOW, and have no respect for what emulation actually is.

If you want 100% go buy the hardware. Emulation has been around too damn long already for people to not understand this concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.