Hurting Eyes

hobosapien

So I just installed all my emulators on a new computer, my laptop. I've been trying to play some games, but my SNES and Genesis emulators are KILLING MY EYES!!

I don't know what the hell is going on, but whenever I play a game that moves fast (especially Sonic, or Mario, when running) my eyes have trouble keeping up or something...I don't know. I just know I don't have the same problem when I play on my desktop. I need help. I still want to use my laptop. Is there any way around this?

Jale

That's because LCD monitors such as laptops don't have a fast refresh rate. Of course that modern LCD monitors improved this.

Zach

It shouldn't matter. Your eyes should not be physically capable of seeing the refresh rate flicker on an LCD.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The only thing i can think of that would do that is some type of eye strain.

An out of focus LCD
A refresh problem that causes you to blink.
Frame skipping that make you lose your character.

I would test with the VGA out , and see if the problem goes a way or not.

Genome

north west south west
i have been told if you have a stigmatism that can cause it. where your eyes are slightly off focus. it has no cure of course. i have one. i think glasses help but i dont really know how much. lcd monitors do hurt alot of peoples eyes. i havent had much problem, then again....i have glasses

but it isnt some setting on your pc, pretty sure the cause is end user on this one...sorry:unsure:

hobosapien

I've kinda figured it out. I think it's because I have an LCD and a..ah, shit, what're they called. The other cathode-tube monitors, the big ones, side by side. My eyes get used to one, and then I look at the other and it has to get rid of that, etc.

But thanks for your suggestions.