How do you get it to run 100% constantly?

Solis

hello reign80,

I believe that is how much of the cpu power the emulator is using. Usually the lower the better. And no the more you have it closer to 100% won't improve the games perfromance. They must improve the way the emulator plays that game.

Last edited:

Jale

hello reign80,

I believe that is how much of the cpu power the emulator is using. Usually the lower the better. And no the more you have it closer to 100% won't improve the games perfromance. They must improve the way the emulator plays that game.
Wrong, it's the inverse way. The more, the better. No, wait... the purpose is to remain at 100%. If it goes below it, let's say, 70%, the game will lag. If it goes beyond 100%, the sound will lag due to unsynchronization.

Thanks for the info. Another thing I wanted to know is that is it ok to select almost everything on this list.

http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turtle2df3.jpg

What do you guys recommend?
It'd be helpful if you post your system specs, specially your CPU (brand and speed), memory (amount) and video card (brand and model).

Last edited:

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I was about to ask for specs too. It could be because you are using a graphics filter, and that sometimes slows it down.

reign80

This laptop specs is:

Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201 laptop
Pentium 4 CPU
1.60GHz
512 MB Ram
Window XP

Where can I go to check the graphic cards?

Zach

Does VBA use directdraw or some sort of D3D/OpenGL measure of rendering ? If not I don't see how even an S3 could have problems rendering 2D ?

If this is the case, my guess would be open programs in the system tray, etc.. Close everything you don't need to run, virus scans are notorious for robbing resources, as can torrent/p2p apps

Last edited: