help with fusion(sega cd)

Vanilla Gorilla

If this question was answered in a previous thread I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble with an aspect of the fusion emulator. I don't understand the RAM CART function. I think it has something to do with game saves. I'm trying to save an Eternal Champions CD game so I don't have to unlock all the hidden fighters everytime I play. When the game boots up, it asks me to press "A" to use one block of RAM to save. So I did except when I booted up the next time it asked again. Please Help.

Also, While We're talking about game saves. Does "Save State" mean to save a game(so I don't have to use a password)?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
A save state means that you can just save the game anywhere you want. If you keep saving your game using save states, it's like the Sega CD has never been shut down. This would be a safe way to keep your unlocked fighters.

Zach

I thought save states didn't work for Sega CD ?

Anyway have you messed around with your options, either in the emulator, or in the Sega CD controls (no disc inserted) to make sure you have a properly formatted and recognized RAM cart setup ?

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

O.K. I went into options set up a ram cart per bios(what ever per bios/per game means). created it at 64kb. named it and saved it in the same file as my emulator. is this correct or did I miss a step