Help loading games with Snes9k

InTheZoneAC

before I got snes9k I was using a perfectly working snes9x. now when I go to load game from snes9k and click the folder that has all of my 700+ games, nothing shows up and it takes me back to the blank black screen of the snes9k program. usually when I click the folder with all my snes games it takes about 10 seconds to load the list, now it just shows a blank list and nothing runs. I never zip my games, always run them as extracted files(except for kawaks), but I honestly don't know what the problem is. I deleted snes9x and still snes9k doesn't load game list.

do I have to rename them like I do for nes/n64 roms like .v64, .nes, etc...?

hagbard

Are you loading your ROMs from a CD/DVD? If so, you should set your save/freeze folder to a writable one, on your HD for example.

From Snes9K homepage & readme_Kaillera.txt. Please take a look :)
- Use another registry branch than Snes9x, avoiding conflict between versions, please reconfigure snes9k the first time you run it.

-Zipped roms don't work with Kaillera

(!!!important!!!)
3) first time you play, load a game (this is to locate roms dir)
(!!!important!!!)

4) goto file --> play kaillera game

5) continue as usual on kaillera

If the step 3 is not respected, no game will appear in kaillera.

InTheZoneAC

i do not use any sort of cd/dvd. i have all my games extracted into one folder. snes9x runs fine, but snes9k doesn't show the list of games. if i zip a game, it'll find it, but then it says it doesn't use zip games online so i'm a bit confused.

hagbard

Strange indeed
I assume you set your sav/freeze folder & load a ROM the first you run the emu.
It might be a windows registry problem. I would look for "snes9k" on the registry: Start -> Run -> type "regedit" & intro -> search for "snes9k" -> then delete that branch and try again. Hope it helps

Zach

Well you can save two hours in the future by going to the folder in a Command Prompt window and typing " ren *.ext *.smc "

that'll change anything matching the first extension to .SMC