Getting error "epp 35rom bad"

lockerroom13

Can someone help me with this error. I am tryin to load run N gun, but when does the check for everything. It gets to the EPP 35ROM Bad. What can be the problem. Thanks.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
This is an issue with the original rom dump.

Its documented in mame and tells you the game has problems when you load it. The only way to fix this is to source an original board with a working rom and re-dump it and submit it to the mame project for emulation. If you're using mameUI it actually reports the game has problems in the little bar under the screenshot window. You can download the mame history.dat and put it into the mameui folder and you can then view all the info about any game when you click on it from the mame32 menu. Its handy because if you have a game that doesn't work you can check the history to see if its a known problem with the rom and/or emulation.

You can get around it by holding down F2 and F3 when the game starts its rom checks to bypass the checks competely.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

lockerroom13

Thanks. its working now. Can you also help me with Midnight Resistance game? it wont show up in my rom's of available. I've already extracted all the files...Thanks.