Firewalls.

mhl12

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Zone alarm is good but it will cause millions of problems if you are a P2P user.

Right now I use Kerio without any poblems.

Robert

Hah, I use Zone Alarm, and my BT works well enough. I will admit that ZoneAlarm can be really tricky to set up and can be a right royal pain in the ass sometimes... but it HAS stopped over 100,000 attempted intrusions!

Jale

Lefteris_D said:
Zone alarm is good but it will cause millions of problems if you are a P2P user.

Right now I use Kerio without any poblems.
True that, because I'm a P2P user. Well, since I have a lot of memory I'm currently using McAfee Personal Firewall to see how it works.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
I use Zone Alarm to, it's good it just needs to be setupped right, and once you install new programs, you'll get the usual "Allow this program to access the internet?" or whatever message... but after about a week, everything you have on your PC should run fine with ZA.

PS: Norton > Macafee
Norton is alot better then most people give it credit for :)
But I use Kaspersky... so w.e lol

Last edited:

Jale

Isn't there something that block programs from accessing the Internet, but allowing access to LAN? Because the firewalls I have blocks both Internet and LAN activity.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Butters said:
Isn't there something that block programs from accessing the Internet, but allowing access to LAN? Because the firewalls I have blocks both Internet and LAN activity.
BitDefender 9 Pro.
Always asks for permission. ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Exactly

FFX~Valefor said:
it is a a pack,antivirus-antispam-pop up blocker-firewall
To the point. ;)