Do you believe in Fate?

M.H.A.Q.S.

Here it comes, Destiny - Fate.

Well, you've been brought up to think that explains everything, so you can't be expected to understand anything which actually makes sense.

I was also taught to tell you the right path. Still, are you a christian? , and if you are, take a look at this.

Free PS2
I hope this is a big joke.

J

Jet Set Willy

No, I'm not a fucking Christian! Have you been following this conversation at all? But hey, if we're playing at posting links to radical acts associated with religious fanatics, how about this, this, this... or perhaps just take your pick from various news stories.

Suddenly a free PS2 doesn't sound quite so bad.

You're not doing your religion's reputation any favours by spouting this meaningless crap, claiming it's the "one true path" and then picking fights with Christians for no reason (despite the fact that I'm not a Christian).

I dare you to think for yourself, you pathetic fucking product of blind belief. You people always claim that your religion is the divine truth and then explain it with " Here it comes, Destiny - Fate.". THANKS! THAT MAKES EVERYTHING SO CLEAR. I NOW PLEDGE FAITH TO ALLAH.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yes, Jehovah witnesses being so famous for their devotion to Allah :rolleyes:

Gosia

I think god must exist, because it is interesting that we seem to be the only beings that can think, learn, and register whats going on, on this planet.
I think the bible dosnt exactly support the concept of fate, because the bible has many examples of free will. Adam and eve and the forbidden fruit is a good example.

J

Jet Set Willy

I believe that there is a lot we don't understand, and it's foolish to pretend that we can. If we were a more intelligent race we might discover what's really going on, but I think the best we can do as humans is resign ourselves to confusion. It's arrogant to think that this sort of stuff is something for us to know.

El Fugitivo

My belief is somewhat similar to the one Waz posted earlier: Everything that i can see, feel, touch, hear, taste, smell, or know is just the result of electrical and chemical interactions in my brain (or mind). To quote one of my favorite songwriters/poets, "A stranger begins whereever I see him."

I have very large doubts as to the existence of any sort of matter. There's no theory that I've heard of that can sufficiently convince me where the universe came from, what it is, what is outside of it, why i am me and not you, etc., etc..

Zidane

Social Hazzard
Jesus-Christ-Bananas I must say that fate is quite the Fuck-a-Row I mean i understand that we are all one freaking game to the big guy up there but what about the other gods, We could contomplate about this until our brains are doodlyfucked but come on, Soon enough this thread is gonna be as long as Honka-Bali-WOO-WOO!!!!

Man i just confused myself :blink:

M.H.A.Q.S.

There was an episode of the old Ghostbusters cartoon that had our heroes playing against the devil for possession of their souls. Spoofing the 70s gameshow Let's Make a Deal, they were presented with three showcase doors and were asked to choose: "Door number one, door number two, or door number three?"
They decide to pick door#3, but it only opens to reveal another door marked "1".
When they complain that it's not fair, they're given the option to choose door#2, which of course also opens to reveal another door marked "1".
"...So what's it gonna be, fellas? Door number one, door number one, or door number one?"

M.H.A.Q.S.

I believe that there is a lot we don't understand, and it's foolish to pretend that we can. If we were a more intelligent race we might discover what's really going on, but I think the best we can do as humans is resign ourselves to confusion. It's arrogant to think that this sort of stuff is something for us to know.

Reminds me of Waz.

bison328

I think it is good for us to take them for kind of reference... and don't depend on too much the fortune-teller... though sometimes what they are talking about are nonsense...