Do I uninstall intel hd graphics for a new card?

cmsht3

Hello, I am having my first gpu delivered today do i uninstall intel hd 2000 graphics driver? Should I install the Drivers for the card from the disc or from geforce.com? Thank you in advance.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
My suggestion would be to get the latest drivers from the website, they probably have some needed bug fixes compared to the ones in the install disk.

testmachine

Old member
Ok.When you put your new gpu in your pc you must disable the intergrated gfx in bios.When the computer starts push F12.Then you will enter BIOS.But i would reccomend calling a computer tehnician before doing that.

osaeed

But i would reccomend calling a computer tehnician before doing that.

I agree! You would not want to accidentally disable something in the BIOS and have your computer not boot up at all :(

Not sure if your computer was custom built, but if you can find the manual of your motherboard, there is usually information on where the onboard GPU option is and how to disable it.

Don't worry about uninstalling the intel hd graphics if you ordered a pci-e/agp card. I rather keep them in case the new gpu card breaks again and you need access to your computer. Without the drivers, everything would look big and difficulty to browse the desktop.

As testmachine said about disabling the onboard gpu, I would do it. It uses your desktop memory (aka shared memory) and the fact your have a gpu card, the onboard wont be needed at all, unless you have problems with the new card.

as for finding drivers, listen to the king of emulator-zone :)

My suggestion would be to get the latest drivers from the website, they probably have some needed bug fixes compared to the ones in the install disk.

Last edited:

RetroTom

Go to run, type: msconfig, go to start up, disable your old driver, and away you go, worked for me! (!!!!always makesure you disable the correct startup program!!!!)