Chrono Cross

Wishfaster

Here are the absolute best specs i could get for Chrono cross on epsxe 1.5.2.
Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: NVIDIA GeForce 6100

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000800](odd/even bit hack)
:bow:

onewecallgod

its a fairly simple game to emulate, all except for the main elevator lobby of the volcano thing and Luca's house.

Wishfaster

Yea it seemed easy enough but some people didnt know about the odd/even game fix. It fixes any status screen freezes as well as a number of other graphic problems.:)

hagbard

Genome

north west south west
hey its something i didnt know:eek: at least now maby i can get mine to work. it usually freezes after the title screen (the fish underwater) i just assumed the iso i made of it was bad. something new to try though, thanx;)

hagbard

That's a known issue on ePSXe 1.6.0, it would run with the command line option '-noauto', as montpics said, also without that option on 1.5.2 or PSXeven

Last edited:

Daftman

Hey
I've used the settings listed above (quite nice i must say:thumb_up: ) but somehow when I'm in a battle the game goes really slow. It's unbearable the speed it has the game then, since I've been waiting for 6 minutes now :(

I'm running it on a dual core 64X2 and the grafics card is a GeForce 6800 memmory 2X512mb so the hardware is quite enough i think... I tried the game using a single core of my cpu then the game is slightly slower almost normal speed but i like it when a game is going a little too fast since I hate slow games :p

Anyone got a clue or tip or sollucion?

hagbard

Weird... did you try PSXeven instead?