Emulator Problem: cant get any ps emulators to work

superfuntime

i have been trying and i have failed completely trying to get the ps and dreamcast emulators working. one at a time though, trying to get the ps one working. i downloaded the epsxe enhanced psx emulator. somehow i got it to the point it will open. ive gotten it to the blue background with the epsxe 1.7.0 screen. thats as much as i can do i dont know what else to do.

im assuming i have to go to file "run cdrom" to get it to work. when i do it says "epsxe NOT completely configered. go to config ->bios to configure it. when i go to config bios a screen comes up that lets me select a bios, or click the ok or cancel buttons. i click ok but nothing happens. i dont even know what a bios is, what do i do? if someone could help me out and tell me what i have to do, and please be as simple as possible, im not that great with complicated computer stuff like this.

Lukong

OOOoohh, I saw this at first and thought it was a Bios problem. If your running this on Windows 7 all you have to do is the following.

How to get a ePSXe working on windows 7

Plugin:
Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77​
Settings:
jfes5w.png

Last edited:

superfuntime

thanks for the reply, not even sure what a bios is like i said, but unfortunately im still on vista. i havent updated to 7 yet. will that still work or do i have to do something else

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
No you need the PS1 bios rom (the bios is the PS1's underlying operating system). Its subject to copyright which is why it doesn't come built into the emulator and why people can't provide you a link to it.
You'll need to look for a rom called scph1001.bin.
In the emulators bios setup toolbar, point it at that, then you will be able to launch and run ISO's.