Computer Problem: Blue Screen

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I have been getting a blue Screen then instantly my computer shuts off.
I have tried deleting all my temporary Files, it worked for a couple days, but now its doing it again.
Anyone know how to fix this?

This is the error report.
Spoiler »
1-5.jpg
2-2.jpg

Zach

You need to disable the "Automatically Restart" option for system failures.

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced - > Advanced/System Properties -> Look near the bottom of the window for the Startup & Recovery section and click on "Settings" -> uncheck "Automatically Restart"

At least then, when it crashes you should get a crash to desktop error instead and possibily ID the program or driver that is crashing.

Then we might be able to help..

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Okay, I did that. Thank you for the info.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Well it happened again. Here is the error info.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

*** STOP: ox000000050
(oxE144000, ox0000000, ox804d9452, ox00000001)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Apprently this means the system cannot find the data and is unable to recover. Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

*** STOP: ox000000050
(oxE144000, ox0000000, ox804d9452, ox00000001)

This looks like a Ram address, although it could possibly be virtual memory. So either your ram is f**ked or there's an error on the part of your hard drive being used for VM.

First thing to try is a cleanup, defrag and error check on your HDD, if that comes back clean and the system is still bugging out then I'd bet fairly good money at least one stick of your Ram has gone bye bye.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I did a harddrive check, it corrected a couple problems. Hopefully That is it.

Thanks for the help

Zach

You need to get a bootable floppy or CD image, with memtest86 on it and scan your RAM to make sure it isn't faulty

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Im 99% sure there is an option to boot into memtest86 on one of those Ubuntu installation CD's you burnt a few moons ago....

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Im 99% sure there is an option to boot into memtest86 on one of those Ubuntu installation CD's you burnt a few moons ago....

Wow, I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me, Ill try it in a while.

UPDATE: I let memtest run for about 3 hours and no errors were found. Should I have let it run longer?

Last edited:

Zach

I forget how long memtest really takes.. usually you run it on the most slowest test so it does things thuroughly. A lot of people let it run overnight for 12 - 24 hours

I guess it depends on how much RAM you have too. I haven't used it in a LONG time