Bad Neo Geo

Zach

My guess is NeoGeo games are covered through MAME romsets, as all the home console is, is basically the hardware required to run the arcade games (which was why it was so expensive) which were exactly the same as the machines, but came packaged in a CART. As far as I know, there were no console only releases for the home system, but I could be wrong.

edit: It appears there were games made for the home system too.. Last Hope, was released in 2006.. My bad

Last edited:

hobosapien

My guess is NeoGeo games are covered through MAME romsets, as all the home console is, is basically the hardware required to run the arcade games (which was why it was so expensive) which were exactly the same as the machines, but came packaged in a CART. As far as I know, there were no console only releases for the home system, but I could be wrong.

edit: It appears there were games made for the home system too.. Last Hope, was released in 2006.. My bad

So would I just use the goodtool for Mame, or what?

Zach

If there is a Goodtools for MAME, then sure.. but I don't know if there is one..

Alot of people use CLR Mame Pro.

It scans the latest mame distribution (command line version, not GUI) to pull a list of all the games on record and the tool will tell you if you are missing a set, or missing a file from the set, etc..

http://www.clrmame.com/download.htm