Recent content by Desert Drifter

1. Desert Drifter

Memorable Game Quotes...

Post quotes from games that pop in your mind from time to time... "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -Magus [Chrono Trigger SNES] "They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess...
  2. Desert Drifter

A Thing Back Home...

Taking I was born and grew up around the shore parts of Jersey, there's quite a viewable sore-eye from the road, that I thought to share with ya guys... LOL Full article: ( http://www.worldslargestthings.com/easterntour/lucy.htm )
  3. Desert Drifter

The Top Favorite Five

Artists, that you fav over the rest, ones whom albums you collect and play the most - that deify your taste... (1) Eagles - * Already Gone | Get Over It | Heartache Tonight | Hotel California | Life In The Fast Lane | One Of These Nights | Take It Easy | The Long Run | Victim Of Love | (2)...
  4. Desert Drifter

Inane Game Moments...

Something to share, stupid or pointless moments in games that made you go "Huh?", "What!?!" or maybe even "Duh!"... - Brain Lord (SNES): The first dungeon, third floor - A merchant proclaiming no sales... Uh, your in a dungeon pal, traps, drop-offs, monsters. May be an explanation there... ;)...
  5. Desert Drifter

What brought You To Emu-Zone?

As for me: no rating system, no point system, no bull. You sign up, you post, and that's it - no ridiculous expectations. Basically a multiple interest community (other then emulation) that reminds me of the community I once had - a hangout community of potential with dedicated members. I've...
  6. Desert Drifter

Using N64 Hi-Res Textures

Been playing around with these lately - but basically are to 'enhance" your gaming experience by “re-facing” the graphical aspects of a particular ROM, going beyond the original design... -- What You Need -- *The Game (A ROM) *Project64 v1.6 (An Emulator) *Mudlord's Rice Video v6.1.3.3 or...
  7. Desert Drifter

Cup of Joe Anyone...?

Any coffee drinkers here? I get up in the morning, have a cup - correct that: a FEW, go to work, come home, and have a few more. A forty-five-cup percolator running 24/7, for my house smells like hot cooked coffee. Guess you would find me at a coffee shop... ;) Whether your a soda guzzler or...
  8. Desert Drifter

The Best Gaming Consol...

There's been topics entitled "What are you playing right now?", "Your Favorite Games Of All Time...", "Your Most Memorible Boss Fights...", "Which Is The Best Game You Played Ever?", "Who's Your Favorite Old School Character?", and "Whats your favorite Old school games No one Else seems to care...
  9. Desert Drifter

Slight Monitor Problems...

Well, usually when I turn on my PC, the monitor LCD light goes from orange to green - popping up the screen, but lately, it takes a good thirty minutes to an hour for it to finally decide to automatically turn on, which making me use the TV screen (the secondary LCD display for emulation...
  10. Desert Drifter

Tis Printer Must Die...

Nice "title" in the works, but to the subject... Had a dot-matrix printer for a long time now, though always a problem with it, even since I bought it, and finally had it as now going on twelve years. I even bought a new printer with scanning and copying features. Ah, never had a printer...
  11. Desert Drifter

Your Most Memorible Boss Fights...

As an "avid" gamer myself, I've come across some interesting games over time, but beside that, boss fights seem to be the most recalled then any, so out of curiosity: What's the ones you have come across that make them memorable and spectacular? Be sure to add a "description" also. ;) 1 - Super...
  12. Desert Drifter

Attention Explorer & Google Toolbar Users...

Noticing the last few days, Explorer has been constantly lagging and locking-up, thus also displaying "DCOM" & "initializing .dll" errors here and there with the net connection on and even more with it disconnected, as I was deleting dead servers and running anti-virus of being "offline"... Not...
  13. Desert Drifter

Qbasic Gorillas Anyone?

Anyone remember this one? Came with an IBM with MS-DOS 5 or 6 installed back in 92, as a friend and I played that thing for hours, on a heavy lugger of a laptop of mine with that fuzzy bright orange screen of death. Throwing exploding bananas back and forth while blowing shards out of buildings...
  14. Desert Drifter

Your Favorite Games Of All Time...

Surprised no has posted this one before... Go ahead, dig up some titles from the past. ;) Mine: -- Atari -- Alternate Reality - The Dungeon (Getting out of the city was challenging, but a problem: never a disk made for the forest nor past the dungeon but a message "insert disk"...) Ultima 4...
  15. Desert Drifter

Mega Man 64...?

Out of curiosity - is this title any good or fun at all? Now don't take me wrong, I'm not asking where to find the ROM, but can't seem to do so, so wonder if it is "worth" the effort to waste my time to track down a game that I will only dispose of. I'm sure someone here has played it, so...