Kill Bill, Vol. 2

El Fugitivo

...was rad.

I especially liked Chapter 8: The Cruel Tutelage Of Pai Mei. The camera moves were classic throughout The Bride's training with Pai Mei, and everyone in the theater was cracking up throughout the whole thing.

The music and visuals were great, and it wasn't nearly as gory as Vol. 1, which was really only bloody in two scenes (the anime bit and the battle against the Crazy 88). Lots of black and white bits, most of which are meant to be very film noir-ish. The chapter I mentioned with Pai Mei was the only 70's Kung Fu scene, and while the Hattori Hanzo sword figured prominently, there were not nearly as many Samurai movie references. This part is not nearly as Asia-centric as the first part, which I thought neither added or detracted from the two films as a whole. It was nice to mix it up.

Codeine

I rented Kill Bill Vol. 1 today, and am pondering watching it right now.

I don't like lots of violence. :(

Codeine

Ok, that was the best action movie I have ever seen in my life. Ever.

And you're right, a lot of it was blatantly cheesy, which added great humour. God damn, best movie I've seen since Lost In Translation.

El Fugitivo

WTF?

Vol. 1 didn't have Pai Mei in it, it didn't have Michael Madsen's character Budd in it, it didn't have an aspect ratio change, and it didn't explain why all of it's songs had whistling parts (a very neat way of connecting the soundtrack with the film, I thought).

Zach

Pai Mei was about the only redeeming quality of it.

He really set himself up for this.

With all the gore and action packed scenes in Vol 1, it left fans expecting more.