Who are you like?

hitmonlee

not who do you look like, but an actual character, in a book or film
who have you seen on screen that is a reflection of how you see yourself?

J

Jet Set Willy

Samuel Vimes from Discworld apparently. That's other (real life) people's opinions, not mine.

Nick

I can't say. If I did have a character like that, I couldn't live up to it :)

I think a more...proper, perhaps, question would have been how do you see each other? I remember there was a thread a while ago where we posted images of characters we thought resembled each other...well, just like that, only with text and movie/book relations. I don't know if anyone would take that 'seriously, however.

hitmonlee

i'm asking people how they see themselves
have you identified strongly with any particular characters?

El Fugitivo

The generic, but still relevant answer for me would be Holden Caulfield from Catcher In The Rye. It's by no means a perfect match, but it's the best I can come up with off the top of my head.

J

Jet Set Willy

When I'm looking at myself negatively, I'm a lot like Seymour from Ghost World. But then I'm different too. Maybe a cross between Vimes and Seymour.

El Fugitivo

When I'm conscious of my physical fitness, or conscious of being overly self-conscious, I see myself as the kid from Angus.

I relate alot to characters who are somewhat anti-social, or simply alone. I've always had a hard time making friends, so making the transition from high school to college, having to start all over socially, was incredibly difficult for me.

Uh...I don't know who else. Lots really. Judge Reinhold's character in Fast Times At Ridgemont High sometimes. The jewish kid from Dazed And Confused who hung out with the redhead and the other nerd-type kid reminds me alot of how I felt towards the end of high school.

MONKEY_NUTS

heres%20johnny.jpg

All college work and no play, makes marky a dull boy.

Motoko

I would say Rachel from Friends 'cos then I could play with my boobs and other stuff.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
No, I think you're the only one here who watches Friends, and yes you should be ashamed.

Motoko

But I can still touch my boobs right?

slbrown

its on right after seinfield im too lazy to change the channel. its not that bad. i consider it the good looking senfield. its basically like senfield expect with better looking people that can actually find acting work. but it will never be funnier than the great one.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Motoko: Yes.

Slbrown: NEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ever compare Friends with Seinfeld, ever, they're not even in the same field as Seinfeld.