Ripping Audio(sound effects basicaly)

triggerx

I am not asking for the ISO in anyway, plus I already own both discs anyway.

All right Ive been trying to figure this out for awhile, because a fan game I have been making is in some dire need of sounds.
Good quality clips from the real game, so that its quality isnt lessen.

So Ive been wondering is it possible to Rip Sound effects from PS2 Isos?
Preferably Kh2 or Kh1?
I just need the sound effects, but I know of no method to acquire them.

I am trying to figure out a way to extract all the sound effects to a hard drive.

Any ideas?

Zach

While there are PS2 audio players out there, I'm not sure of sound file players.

In either case the sites containing such utilities probably have illegal content on them as well, so we can't link to any if anyone knows.

Your best hope is to use google and use key terms such as "PS2 sound player" and various combinations of that.

triggerx

Yeah, Im still looking actually, no luck yet.

I'll even settle for the gba sound effects at this point.
Well I'll continue to look around.

triggerx

Nope havent tried that, however I manage to rip a few pieces of audio using psound in combination with the iso.

But for some reason it cant find all the sound files, I think its because of some protection Square has on its games.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
You can use some kind of wav recorder (im using cool edit). Let the program recording then play the game on emulator. In game, go to the option and play the effect or mute other than sound effect, IF this option exist on game option (i think this option more common on PC game btw).

triggerx

Well it seems that Square has protected some of the files, but I was thinkinn, since psound wont go farther than 7&

Is it possible to divide an ISO into seperate sections?

Im thinking if I work backwards I might get what I want.

BTW Im trying to get the PCSX2 Emulator to install, but it just wont.
It doesnt give me any errors, but it wont start installing, it just brings up a screen.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2294/pcsx2problemhe3.png

Anyways if I can figure out how to divide an iso image into sections maybe I can scan it from the end and work my way towards the begining instead?

Last edited:

Ryanfaescotland

Look at that pic and go 3 across 5 down, does anyone else think that's a dildo on his fully stocked desktop?? :D

The ISO can deffinatly be divided since I've downloaded a good few that way I'm not sure how it's done though.

triggerx

Tried it, but no luck, seems to only pick up the games music.
And I need the SFX.
Unless I did it wrong.
But I didnt see it pick up any sound effects.

Thanks though.

triggerx

Well Im getting back to this and Im wondering has anything came up?
PSsound was able to pick up a few sounds, but Not all of them, its missing alot actually.
So I was wondering I if anyone knows any tricks.

BTW I had another Idea, can somebody do me a favor?
If it is possible, maybe someone can disable the background music, and just record like 15 minutes or so of them playing the game with just the sfx.
Only need the sound, then I can just edit the parts I want for like hit effects and stuff.

If anyone is up to that I need the sound to include somewhere in there these.
-Sora hitting walls
-Sora hitting enemies
- Sora going into Drive Form
-Some more attacking
Any other missc sounds possible while playing

Last edited:

triggerx

haha, actually it wont cause Ive been there a million times and Im already familiar with everything on there.
Most of its useless.

But thanks for trying.

Haha, im a genious
Anyways never mind, it seems my theory worked about the disc being read,so Im able to rip kh almost fully, if not farther than most people.

Its about time too, Ive been trying to figure this out.
Anyways, There are alot of unused sounds in KH1 of Seph and Genie.

Im ripping Kh2 now though.

Last edited: