FF7 Rom Rip

ll Re4per ll

Goonies Never Say Die!
allright, yesterday i was looking through some old crap and i actually found all 3 discs to FF7. :)

how can i rip data from the disc to make an iso? do i have to get that alchohol program thing and make a .img file then turn it into .iso? i couldnt find any topics containing this question.

need help
thanks

Jale

Yes, you need a CD ripping tool such as Alcohol 120%, however, you can find freeware CD ripping tools, which I don't know any.

By the way... a disc image is not a ROM, it's an ISO.

ll Re4per ll

Goonies Never Say Die!
cool thanks. i'm gonna go do that right now.
is there a tut on alchohol120%? does it burn them straight to ISO or IMG?

on a side note, how can i upload images for my signature, is it possible yet?

Zach

You need to upload your image to a free image host, and then link to it with the IMG tag. Read the forum rules to make sure you use the correct size and don't have one too big, also..

I don't know what formats Alcohol can make, but by default it's own files are MDS/MDF

Those should be able to be mounted in daemon-tools.

ll Re4per ll

Goonies Never Say Die!
okay, i got alchohol and fired it up and checked it out. do i need to rip the disc into a .mds file or can i just go straight to .iso? (there is an option)
i will apparently let me burn it to a .ccd or .cue file also. what should i do?
what will work?
also....

can you suggest any free image hosts?

ll Re4per ll

Goonies Never Say Die!
yeah i think i figured it out. i started playing it for alittle bit. is the guy in purple Cloud? are his arms supposed to look like that? he looks like he has flower vases for arms or something. anyways, thanks for the help.
:D

Jale

yeah i think i figured it out. i started playing it for alittle bit. is the guy in purple Cloud? are his arms supposed to look like that? he looks like he has flower vases for arms or something. anyways, thanks for the help.
:D
Yeah, that's how he's supposed to look.

g0d53nd

lol so u had the game long enough for it to be in old crap and u have never played it? just asking sense u didnt know how cloud looked