SNES ROM question - [U] vs [E] and [!] vs [f#]

PigMaster

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums. I'm recently decided I'll get really into SNES and other emulation after I realised there aren't so many good multiplayer PC games where you can use a controller. That's what I really miss about consoles, playing games with friends without having to set up LAN connections or anything. So anyway, onto my question.

Are European or American SNES Roms better? I know that they have different frame rates, but do the games run faster with one compared to the other? Is one more of a "definitive" version?

Also, is a good dump [!] better than a fixed dump [f#]?

Thanks in advance.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Good Dumps are the ones to go for where possible.

In terms of Ntsc and [E]Pal releases, generally speaking the NTSC releases run at 60Hz with no borders so are the preferred ones to use.

PigMaster

Thanks for that. If it's been asked so many times, perhaps it should be stickyed?
I'll look forward to coming back here! Cheers.

PigMaster

That's a really good search feature. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything relating to the matter, however I DID find a post with someone asking whether NTSC or PAL was better for Playstation games, which had no replies. Oh well, thanks for your help. You must be a mod, right?

Jale

No, I'm not a mod. NTSC or PAL? Well, that depends. If we are talking about the actual PlayStation console (not the emulator) it depends where you are. If you are here in America, you must use the NTSC version of the game. If you are in Europe, use the PAL version.