Stupid Question (maybe) :P

Rhine

I realize that it's hard to make an emulator to make every single game in one platform to work, so is it easier to make an emulator for just ONE game ? I'm a big noob in this things so keep that in mind :p , maybe this question is very stupid for people who are into emu stuff, but for me it seems obvious. Also i realize that n-gen games have great requirements but maybe in some spec we could get about 10-15 fps , and so what that minimum would be ? I know there were a lot of similar question about the specification but could i get a clear answer based on reality ? I won't buy GC just for 1 game so try to understand me :D

Jale

That'd be good, but kinda pointless at the same time. To make an emulator for each game requires a lot of work and it wouldn't be emulation, but porting.

Rhine

I bet there is a lot of people that would enjoy playing Remake'a on PC, I don't care about other games. But it's stupid to buy a GC just for it, that's my opinion. If people responsible for emulators placed here (I mean the makers/programmers), would say it's possible to make and it could run quite good on some Pc (they would had to place the specification) I'm ready to make on offer, if the price would be reasonable.

KaDuece

I'm not sure if there's many programmers here on EZ, or any at all. Your best bet would be emailing the creators of already made emulators, and making your offer there. IF you can get a programmer to make an emulator, please come back at us about it, because I would think alot of members would appreciate it.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
KaDuece said:
I'm not sure if there's many programmers here on EZ, or any at all. Your best bet would be emailing the creators of already made emulators, and making your offer there. IF you can get a programmer to make an emulator, please come back at us about it, because I would think alot of members would appreciate it.

I don't think emulator authors are waiting for these kinds of emails. For console emulation it just isn't practically to make an emulator for just one game. And if you want a game to run faster, like Butters said, it will be because of porting, not emulating. Most emu authors will focus on accuracy, so they are probably not willing to port.