stopped recognizing roms?

Big-B

Ok, I'm a bit of a noob here, so please bare with me. Using mame32b.106, loaded up both at work and home on laptop. Load at work has worked fine for about 2 weeks, loaded up on laptop at hom last night. Both worked fine yesterday, played for a couple hourse. Today, neither loadset recognizes any roms at all. None that played yesterday even register. In the main screen where it has the roms listed, the little icon that looks like a processor next to the rom name, now they all have a little red circle crossed out. I dont remember those being there yesterday. It's even on roms i don't have. I didn't change any settings at all so i'm not even sure where to start. Tried reloading, and still the same. Windows update that messed things up??? any ideas would be great. thanks.:confused:

kallion

Simple Man
Could you have possibly re-routed the directory of the roms in the mame options? or could you have moved the place where all your roms are? that can affect the recognization of your roms.

I'm pretty sure it's not windows update. Because every now and then I use it and my mame works ok (When I ever use it hah)

I've had problems like these before but I have these para-normal things that happen where it just fixes it self, just like good old windows :) But I'm sorry I can't help you much more than that. Good luck on fixing it :\

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Big-B have you clicked on Non-Working games by any chance ?
Click Available...or check your rom directories on Options/Directories/ROMS.

kallion

Simple Man
Yeah, sometimes just because you downloaded the rom and put it in the directory... doesn't always mean it's going to work. It could just possibly be a failed rom or rom(s)... But most likley not ALL of them are.

Big-B

Yeah I went through and double checked all the directory paths and everything, all was good. BUT, my fatal flaw, and i can't for the life of me remember why I did this, but i do remember i had to reload it at work, but i unzipped the program to the desktop. From there it doesn't work for shit, i moved it to the C: drive and voila!! Label that one up to a bad keystroke or something. But hey thanks everyone for your feedback.
I'm sure i'll get stuck with something again!! haha

rile_master

I have one question.
When I put games (roms) in ROMS folder and than start MAME emulator, some games doesn't work.Why???
Thanks