Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3)

montpics

Some new images of Square Enix's PlayStation 3 sci-fi fantasy RPG Final Fantasy XIII, the first game in the Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIIII project.

Check it out! ;)
>CLICK HERE!<

montpics

Updated infos from this upcoming title :
Square Enix revealed new details for Final Fantasy XIII:

* Final Fantasy XIII will not have online functions
* Each episode will have different and independent characters, the stories also takes place in different times in history
* The only things in common for the 3 titles are Chocobos, Moggles, magic and myths around the Crystals
* The Legend of the Crystals is the central theme of the 3 games
* The latin word "Versus" in Final Fantasy Versus XIII means the change of a direction
* The latin word "Agito" in Final Fantasy XIII Agito means stimulus or moving violently, this game will have action elements implemented in the system

Screenshots :
>CLICK HERE!<

montpics

New screenshots from the game.

>CLICK HERE!<

Some extra news from SquareEnix :
Square Enix revealed that there will be a total of 6 projects surrounding the Final Fantasy XIII theme Fabula Nova Crystallis. So far 3 titles have been announced: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus III and Final Fantasy XIII Agito. Furthermore, Square Enix views both Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XIII as 20-year projects, both franchises will continue to expand and be remembered by players.

Square Enix mentioned that they do not plan to work a sequel to the MMORPG Final Fantasy XI at least until the next fiscal year starting in April 2007.

Square Enix announced its earning for 2005 fiscal year. The company's profit increased by 14% from 14.9 billion yen to 17.1 billion yen (US$151.2 million), thanks to strong sales of both Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy XII and FFVII Advent Children. Total sales increased by 68.5% from 73.9 billion yen to 124.5 billion yen. Square Enix expects a net income of 5.5 million yen and net sales of 53 million yen for 2006 fiscal year.

Zach

Great.. Another technological piece of emo crap I won't be playing :dry:
I'm honestly surprised these screenshots don't showcase a scantily clad whore this time

Last edited:

shaka

Hot!
that game looks sick yo' im a huge fan of square games i think is the top of the food chain. :D
i cant wait for ff12.:eek:

Zach

I am a big FF fan actually. I've played I through IX. I just don't care for the direction they have chosen to move the games in.

Zach

Sorry, but that doesn't really prove anything. These kinds of things are standard in tons of video games and movies throughout history.

To rip something off, it has to blatantly feature a marked influence that you can identify as a direct copy of something.

Hell, Final Fantasy IV had fleets of airships, as did Final Fantasy IX. Final Fantasy VIII had space ships, and I guess Final Fantasy VII ripped off Apollo 13, with the Shinra Space Rocket ?

I don't understand how people come to these conclusions.. It is plain to see that you are reading too much into things.

ripmaw

FFT iso... ATTACK!!!!!
played 1,2,3,57,8,9,&11 i went by japenese numbers cause 4&6 are remakes lol hated 10 never wanted to play it
want to play 12
13 looks like it's hard to controll plus i'm not paying 600$ (i think that's how much the system costs) to play that game... i'll wait till computers are able to play it as a iso... lol

memooo

i can't wait to release the game in my country ooh hurry up square enix :dry:
this game will give my PS3 the spice hehehehe:excl:

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
So... why are we bumping old posts?

No no no no no...
Because now it's on the front page!
(@w@; )
*bonk*
:(

Okay, so the post is over a year old now...hmm...well,
Sorry, but that doesn't really prove anything. These kinds of things are standard in tons of video games and movies throughout history.

To rip something off, it has to blatantly feature a marked influence that you can identify as a direct copy of something.

Hell, Final Fantasy IV had fleets of airships, as did Final Fantasy IX. Final Fantasy VIII had space ships, and I guess Final Fantasy VII ripped off Apollo 13, with the Shinra Space Rocket ?

I don't understand how people come to these conclusions.. It is plain to see that you are reading too much into things.

In response to this (sorry, about replying to this, but the post bugs me) I don't believe anyone said FF XII was ripping anything off. They just said it contained elements. They didn't say it was ripping off anything. (NOTE: The youtube video isn't there anymore, so if you were responding to that...my apologies. :( (Though you should have posted on youtube to the poster, not to mhl12(unless he was the poster, of course)))

Whew...long post.

Last edited: