If you could, what would you like to see in the forum/site?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Time for some mass user input just like we do every few months. Today's question is: If you could see/add new things in the forum/site or change something what would that be?

As always we do not guarantee that something will be done 100% however if enough people ask something, it is technically possible and the admins are willing to go ahead with it it might happen.

Note: Please try to stay in the realm of reality and not ask for things that will never happen such as ROM downloads, warez etc

Accepted proposals:
Spoiler »
  • Custom user titles.
  • Trial use of the reputation system.
  • Hold a banner, button & rank image contest to allow people to make more creative suggestions.

cloud4004

I know this sounds weird but I like this place the way it is... I'll post if I think of something though.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Forget about Roms/Warez...there's Google for that. ;) (or my sig link)

1.Something cool it would be to have some Flash games...like some other site I've seen.With ranking...to be competitive.I don't know how you can do that...I've only seen it in two sites.
They used vBulletin too.
The button was named Arcade and positioned on the toolbar next to Forum rules,FAQ,Member List,Calendar and so on.
2.I really want a new forum skin...still some blue stuff but not the default one.(I use that all the time)
Too many sites have it.I wanna know something to say "This is EZ".The Emu-Zone skin is rubbish....I hate the site colors too.(no offense but it looks too old for me)
3.Give the forum member the ability to change Custom Title,except words like Admin,Mod,Super Mod or obscene ones.
4.User Rating: If a guy/girl wants to give you points for helping him/her.
5.This one is very important to me: Could you make a pop-up with the forum rules when a user logs-on ? I mean,only when I have cleared the cookies this would appear...
I'm sick of saying: Dude read the rules ! Even yesterday some guy was proud of offering a link to his iso collection and FF: Advent Children movie...

Thanks for this opportunity Lefteris_D.

WOW...do I have suggestions... :D

Later EDIT:
This should be Sticky.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
From what you said what can be done is to enable custom user titles & probably hold a banner/button design competition(if enough people are up for it!).

The user ratings can easily be abused so I don't see that happening.
Flash games - We had such a feature in the past but people got bored of it so it will probably not return soon.

Jale

I could work on the skin design, but I need the time to do it. The arcade idea is good also.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Lefteris_D said:
Flash games - We had such a feature in the past but people got bored of it so it will probably not return soon.
Butters seems to like it.

Anyway...good to see some things are possible.
So...you will change the EZ logo ?

This is bad

untitled4hd1.jpg

iPlay skin is nice except the logo (very old...ancient like)

Isn't it nice ? :D

I like a professional looking skin.But a oldschool gamer theme would be very nice too.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Though the "brown" style will not stop being the default theme I'll probably hold an open competition where everyone can submit their material regarding the new logo & image set and afterwards everyone can vote.

Right now what I want to do is collect all the suggestions in one place.

Regarding the "rating" system, I had some thoughts of activating it a few weeks ago so I'll make up my mind while this thread remains active.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
The reputation system has been temporary activated for a small trial period and you can now use custom user titles. Information regarding the use of the reputation system can be found in the forum rules page.

There will soon be a thread for the site banner contest(and a few more graphics) so get ready to fire up your Photoshop!

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Why crying Butters ?
This is good news.
Two suggestions were already answered in a positive way (thanks Lefteris_D!).

You can change your Crazy Frog title. :D

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Butters said:
My Photoshop won't run on my computer unless I use something else.
What do you have to use to get Photoshop working ?