Visual Boy Advance 1.8.0 Beta 3 Released!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
A new version of the Gameboy advance emulator Visual Boy Advance is now available but unfortunatelly there is no changelog to go with it.

You can get the new version from here.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
i've checked there offical site and recomended emulation forum(ngemu, our competetion sucks, they have pop-ups)
no word on any change log yet

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Yay i was worried this emulator might have died cos of no new releases.

EDIT- I dont know if offical nes/famicon roms were working on earlier version of VBA but i just tried excitebike on this new release and it works. Still a little glitchy thou. Theres isnt no advantage to playing these roms as they take up to much space on a flash clash card. Anyone know if the people making VBA are gonna add NDS support to it?

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Lefteris_D said:
Visual Boy Advance is not an NDS emulator :dry:

Before VBA it was called visualboy and emulated .gb and .gbc games then when the GBA came out they added support for that. It makes sense to add NDS support to it now that the NDS has come out.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
If I recall correctly the author just intergrated the GB code from the old emulator to the new one. I might be mistaken though because it has been several years since.

kokotas

changelog:

* Cleaned the gba.cpp code a bit (too much changed to list them).
* Changed all the clockticks management. Internal emulation speed should be more accurate now (fixes some games that crashed, like Advance Wars 2 or Tennis no Oojisama 2003), some other should have less slowdown/flickering (Breath of Fire 3's underwater level, Mario & Luigi Saga's intro). Added pseudo-support for bus prefetch (still need to check how it works for all the cases).
* Added a 3 lines delay between the time a BG is enabled and the time it is displayed on screen (Lady Sia 2's blue lines on water level bug).
* Put the supposed correct settings in DISPSTAT and lcdTicks on bootup when no bios are used (or when bios animation is skipped). (Earthworm Jim 2 now boots up).
* Added a rom mirroring option in the 'Game Override' menu. Enabling it for the 'Mini'/'Classic' series makes the controls respond properly.
* Bit 15 of WAITCNT is now read-only (Donkey Kong King of Swing doesn't crash on some levels anymore).
* Bit 11 and 15 of SGCNT (FIFO Reset bits) are now cleared.
* Corrected a bug introduced in VBA 1.8.0 which would prevent a game from accessing the 0x10000+ area of VRAM (Duke Nukem & Need for Speed 2's flickering is gone).
* Added a 'pseudo-support' for GFX modes 6&7 (but no games should use them).
* Soft Reset is now working properly (it was broken when the prefetch emulation was added).

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
it seems legit, it was posted on that crapy pop-up site ngemu.com
which host the vba site, but it was posted there after it was posted here....???

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
ticktock said:
which host the vba site, but it was posted there after it was posted here....???
From what I see this is not an official changelog so I won't be posting it and please, try not to make rude comments about other emulation sites.

montpics

Lefteris_D said:
From what I see this is not an official changelog so I won't be posting it and please, try not to make rude comments about other emulation sites.
Nuff said, respect it for awhile until a confirmation being made. :cool:

Techman

Hmm.. I'll have to test a few games that had problems with the last version of the emu with this version.

ticktock said:

Yeah, we get it. You are having much fun dissing ngemu. No one really cares.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
the mario advance 4 i had truned out to be zipped with the sav. file, unzip it and see if that works

I tried using beta 3 and the gameshark codes never really wanted to work so i tried beta 0 and it did the trick idk if beta 0 is a newer version but when i would download it, it said 3 was the newer one, but idk