Thread: DOSBOX/DOS MATE

Default DOSBOX/DOS MATE

It's been almost 5 years since I used DOS, so most of the info and keys have left my memory bank.

I've read a few threads on these programs, but none have helped me.

I followed the instructions (best that I could) in DOSBOX 6.3, but when it lists my CDrom drives, it won't let me choose the one I want, let alone typing in "H:\" (without quotes, and yes, I do mean H) and tells me it can't find it or not valid.

Most of the games I am trying to run are CDs (i.e. 7th Guest, 11th Hour, Space Quest Series CD (the all in 1 package) KingsQuest series...).

Once I mount a drive, it won't let me remount the same for a different purpose (If I mount drive C, but then want to mount CDrom to it, I will have to install the DOSBox again to get rid of the old mount).

I remember DOS being easy, and never this difficult.

wtf is DOSBOX 6.3, all windows pcs have dos on them anyway aswell as windows so y didnt u jus use the dos your pc came with, unless u got a mac or linux then disregard this sentence lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spaceduk
    all windows pcs have dos on them anyway aswell as windows so y didnt u jus use the dos your pc came with
    The dos in windows 2000, xp, 2003 etc is not real dos. It is more of a win32 command line.

Plus it can't play the old DOS games by the most of them under Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003. Luckilly I have Win98 on my PC.

Thread Information