MAME 0.191 released

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
A new version of the arcade emulator MAME has been released. Here are the major changes in version 0.191:
This release includes an experimental Hitachi SH3 recompiler from frequent contributor David "Haze" Haywood that shows promising performance improvements for Cave CV-1000 emulation, and holds the tantalizing possibility of bringing similar gains to systems based on the SH4 in the future (including Sega NAOMI). Bug fixes to the Saturn/ST-V emulation will enhance your enjoyment of numerous Sega titles from the '90s. There have also been some optimizations and improvements to MIPS3 and Voodoo emulation, as used in a number of 3D arcade systems.

For fans of systems more often experienced at home, David Haywood also rewrote most of the Gamate emulation, taking it from mostly broken to (hopefully) best-in-class. We've also got some important bug fixes for the Tatung Einstein, the NEC PC-Engine console, and the M6809 CPU used by the Tandy CoCo family (among other things). Three more Tiger handhelds have been added for this release, namely Batman, Judge Dredd, and Swamp Thing. The hard limit of four emulated screens has been lifted, allowing you to plug in more video cards, more serial terminals, or just emulate systems that just have lots of screens.
You can find the full list of changes here. You can download the new version from the MAME page.

pix07

Nice very Nice keep it up.

EmulatorLowdown

EmulatorLowdown.com
I saw this being raved about on Reddit.

Once I upgrade my machine I'll also jump in then maybe blog about my experiences :)

GASIYAT

Banned
New version of the arcade emulator, long sought:)
and the M6809 CPU used by the Tandy CoCo family (among other things). Three more Tiger handhelds have been added for this release, namely Batman, Judge Dredd, and Swamp Thing. The hard limit of four emulated screens has been lifted, allowing you to plug in more video cards, more serial terminals, or just emulate systems that just have lots of screens.

Last edited:

Helenawe

MAME was last updated on September 30, 2020 and is available in version 0.225

MAME is a free emulator that allows you to play games of old arcade machines on your PC.

With MAME you get thousands of more or less known games on your PC. The freeware emulates old arcade gaming machines and has been developed for many years.