Emulator Problem: can't get link vba 1.7.2.560 to show visual it only plays sound and a black screen.

Alright I'm a new member I just signed up because I have a unique problem with vba link because i did everything it stated to do and I am using "Pokemon Emerald" and VisualBoyAdvance.exe > version "1.7.2.560" and these files, Pokemon - Emerald.gba, Pokemon - Emerald.sav, Pokemon - Emerald.sa1 Pokemon - Emerald.sa2, vba.ini, vba1.ini, vba2.ini, and when I try to load my game into the VisualBoyAdvance.exe > version "1.7.2.560" it just stays as a black screen but it plays the audio and I have tried changing the flash settings but no luck please some one help because I am trying to evolve my Kadabra into Alakazam.

Lukong

I don't think VisualBoy Advance has the ability to connect like NO$GBA does and NO$GBA could only allow you to connect to yourself [NO$GBA: Right-Click > Link].

In VisualBoy Advance 1.8.0 beta3 they took out the feature of linking because they figure out like everyone else that the linking feature doesn't work.

The only emulator, NO$GBA [DS emulator], is able to connect GBA to GBA. NO$GBA 2.6a [The newest], has a problem with GBA roms and doesn't play them as good as VisualBoy Advance when it comes to going through fog in Pokemon.

So just Use GBAtoNO$GBA Battery Converter, to convert NO$GBA's save to GBA's save, change the extension from NO$GBA's to VBA's so you could to get pass Fog scenes [Graveyard Building & Caves].

When you would like to connect, drop GBA's save file in NO$GBA's battery folder with the NO$GBA's save type used and connect [F11 > Emulation >Multiboot Port > LPT3/3BCH & Right-Click > Click Link to connect]

Also what's great about Cheat Engine and Turbo Keys it makes Pokemon Contests & Pokeblock Blender very easy. As for Record Center...there is no music in my life, silence is golden...I usually have my volume turn off...

When connecting with yourself with NO$GBA:
1. Copy & Paste your the Game's Save File
2. Change the extension of the copy of the Save file from sav to sv2 [I think if you 2nd link you'll see it] this becomes a 2nd Link Save File
3. Change the name of the 2nd Link Save File to the same one as the Game's Save File
4. Then Connect with NO$GBA

SpeakerRob

I see the same response by Lukong for every issue of this type, but does anyone know what he is talking about? His message is very ambiguous to me. I looked up NO$GBA and tried it. Ironically, the emulator with a name that means "NO Crash GBA" crashed on the very first attempt, so I gave it no more than 5 minutes of my time.

I'm having the same issue, I'm trying to trade pokemon using vba link. I've done it before, because I have an Alakazam from the Kadabra I traded myself. Unfortunately, I did this many months ago and I can't seem to remember what I did to get it to work. I see a ton of videos online on how to accomplish this, but I get no results when copying their methods. I still get the dreaded "This are is reserved for 2 friends who are linked by cable." message.

::EDIT:: So I remembered what I did. I just used TGB Dual to do the trades, and then just convert the save files so i can play in VBA.

Last edited:

chinabig

You can go download the link version 1.7.3 at here.
And you can check this thread. Also, you can try checking the related topics which I had replied because most of them are of the same idea.