• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Emulator Release: My version of Girigiri emulator

My name is Alex I decided to change some things to GiriGiri Emulator so this is my version.
Added a new loader the one of http://ggloader.emulation64.com/
Added the Windows Version of SegaCUEMaker tool.
Added The Mp3 converter oggdropXPd the funcion is the same put an mp3 file and convert to wav file you can close the program with right button afterwars.
I replace the Action Replay Simulator for the one of Girigiri and with the new loader the cheats now WORK .
How the cheats worked? Simple go to CSS_ActionReplay open it and go to cheat selected the game that you want and then go to load disk there search the .cue file of the iso and enter the game.
Once you do that go back to cheat and tick the codes you want and press track is off now would be track is on .
Be careful some codes can corrupt your saves.
Cheats codes generated in girigiri can be used with SSF with proper renaming.
I write more cheat codes for Shining Force III Scenario 2 and Replace the codes for Die Hard Arcade.
You may go to code.ini file and add you codes for the game you like to play if the game isn't on the code.ini list, just
;name of the game and save the changes that's it .
Added COMDLG32.OCX file to the segacuemaker folder cuz in Windows XP this program doesn't open without it.
Added new codes for Shining Force III Scenario 3- Bulzome Rising Gameshark codes.

Here is the link and I hope you can continue developing it, cuz it has some bugs or improving the emulation so please if anyone can continue please pm me thanks a lot Alex.

http://cid-5969e4204490f9b5.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Alex/GiriGiriByAlex.rar Click DESCARGAR to download it.

Ana

You need to make it look like hello kitty.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I though this was considered non freeware, thus non distributable, thus cant host it on this site. I know its a gray area since it was discontinued and never finished but I was not aware its freely available to download?

Either way, congrats on the work you have done.

Yes but now I need someone who can continue and fix the errors of this emu has ;), at least cheats codes work.

Last edited:
No I need a programmer who can fix the errors the emulator has with knowledge of sega saturn emulation or programming, and I don't have the source code only the cassini 1.0 one.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No I need a programmer who can fix the errors the emulator has with knowledge of sega saturn emulation or programming, and I don't have the source code only the cassini 1.0 one.

- Ok first I' a programmer. And have been for 20 plus years. Now, if you dont have the source you need to edit the compiled Hex. Like dis-assembly. I have done that once in my life enough to say I will never do it again. Your looking at a very hi paid individual that is very hard to come by. You woudl have a better change building your own emulator...

- Second what is "cassini" Is this an ini file? IF so you dont need a programmer for that, you just need to experiment.

- and third, what in the heck makes you think your going to find some one to do any of this here?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Both the front end and the main emulator are written in ASM ( assembly ). Very few people on this rock know ASM, and 10% of the ones that say they do actually do, and 1 % of that 10 like emulation. That leaves you with 67 thousand people or so. What potion of those people would come to this forum?

Now say you found someone. Assuming you hav no idea how to code in asm.. Here is some of my work.. You tell me what looks readable.

ASM
Code:
sbic 	PINx,SCKA//if its high we are not in the lead signal.
	reti//not working

ldi	r25,0//stop timmer its good now..
	sts PCICR,r25;
	sts PCMSK1,r25;

sbis 	PINx,SCKA//find rising edge
	rjmp PCINT1_vect

push r0
	in r0,__SREG__

push r0				;SREG
	push r18			;data
	push r19			;count
	push r26			;X
	push r27

C
Code:
static void sendData(unsigned char data)
{// casting the 9 bits to 8, removes the first bit, the leading '1'

for ( char loop=7;loop>=0;loop--)
	{	
		if ( (data >> loop) & 1 ) //its a 1
		{
			PORTC = oscilator; 
			PORTC = 0x3f;	   // not needed but tesing for compatibility
			PORTC = ~oscilator;// on the falling edge we will get a 1

}

else//its a 0
		{
			PORTC = oscilator;
			PORTC = 0;// on the falling edge we will get a 0
		}	
		oscilator = ~oscilator;
	}

}

Asm as you can see is not really code, its more like San-script vs english. Its one step above machine level code. My point being.. Your not going to find anyone to help you without the experience and same or greater level of passion. The best thing you can do is google source these files and send the link out to as many forms as you can think of in hopes someone will attempt it.

Last edited: