Graphics card?

Chrono3030

Can the Ati Radeon hd4200 graphics card play crysis or an xbox 360 game without lag? I'm buying a laptop with this graphics card cause it's the best in my price range. It's the hp dv7 with AMD Turion 2 Ultra Dual-core processor 2.5Ghz 4gigs mem with a blue ray player. And also, would an i3, i5, or i7 processor make emulators gimp out? I was told they would not benefit from the i7 but don't know about the other processors. I'm basically asking if newer tech processors would help or hurt emulators.

Chrono3030

My price range is about 800 max. Toshiba has a nice i3 processor computer for about $680 on best buy. I'm mainly looking to emulate the ps1 and n64. I also want a good multitasking computer. I was looking at actual desktops last night but the fact I have to buy a monitor hurts my budget a little bit. Cause I have to have a nice flat screen. So I'm thinking laptop would be the best bet. If u know of anything besides the toshiba in question that would be a great deal let me know please mabye something under $800 would be great.

Chrono3030

Yeah I'm not even going to count on 360 emulation. I have the 360 so not worried as much with playing next gen games on my computer. I found out crysis is coming out for 360 later this year. If I could find a laptop under $800 that would have a good processor for multitasking and would play the ps1 and n64 emulators flawlessly. I would be set! That toshiba looks promising but the specs say it has a standard graphics card. The media accelerator which should be able to handle it I think.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Just about any PC will run PS1 and N64 emulation. An old PC of mine (which now lives in a mame cab) An old 1.9 Ghz Athlon, with 1Gb of Ram and a 128Mb Geforce 7900 runs them flawlessly.

Bang for buck if you're looking for something fairly future proof for gaming go for a desktop PC. You get more for your money and they are much more upgradeable if you want to improve it in the future. With a budget up to $800 you should be able to get a really good dual or quad cored gaming spec desktop PC with a decent graphics card.