Programming games for epsxe

FLCLtom

is it possible? If so ide like to know if anybody has done it because im going to school for programming and ide like to practice my skills and make a game me and my friends can enjoy

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Its definately possible, you just got to know the format of a PS1 Iso and how the emulator works with it.

Zach

Its definately possible, you just got to know the format of a PS1 Iso and how the emulator works with it.

Ok its WAY more complicated than that.

First off, you have to know what programming language to use. If you actually want to test something on a console, you're gonna need an official Dev Kit ($$$), emulators are nice but I doubt they can be considered absolutely reliable and its better to have code not working on the actual hardware vs an emulator since you actually have a chance of properly fixing it so it will run on either.

FLCLtom

see thats the information i wanted to gather, i was just curious. This is something ive always wanted to do and i figured hey it might be way easier on my own to fiddle around with code writing, programming and designing on the playstation im probably getting into something wy over my head but im only looking for a learining experience

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
see thats the information i wanted to gather, i was just curious. This is something ive always wanted to do and i figured hey it might be way easier on my own to fiddle around with code writing, programming and designing on the playstation im probably getting into something wy over my head but im only looking for a learining experience

Playstation games were developed by massive teams of developers, coders, graphic artists, sound artists etc. Its not really something you can do as a homebrew project especially if you don't know what you're doing. You can't 'make a game for ePSXe' you would need to develop a game for the PS1.

If you're just starting out coding, your best bet would be to get some practice using Flash, C++ etc making small PC games (there's a massive homebrew community for the PC), or try your hand at doing a few demo's for older Hardware like the Commodore Amiga.