Hello to All

SOL

New here, just lookin around. Stopped by because well, I have nothing better to do. I have left my job to care for my wife and I have alot of free time.

Right now I am currnetly interested in some ROM hacks specifically Super Mario Brothers 3. Didnt know if this was going on around here or what not, but was interested in trying to find someone else that was that I could bounce ideas off of.

Thanks Alot !!!

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Hello and welcome to the forums. I don't make game hacks, I have a general idea of how it's done. What kind of hacks did you have in mind?

Last edited:

SOL

Currently was working on a hack of Super Mario Brothers 3. After seeing what hukka and DahrkDaiz has done to the game, that was enough for me to get in the whole world of ROM hacking. SMB3 was such a great game for the system that brought video games to the main stream. I want to try and commemorate that with a game I have tentativly called "Plumb Crazy". This is not going to be a simple level hack, but rather in hopes I plan on doing new graphics, everything. First try at hacking ROM's but.... if your gonna go for it...

Hrothgar

I can't exactly tell you where it is because of the terms of agreement, but if your just looking for a name, Mario Adventure is a prety good SMB3 hack. It's a bit tough, but the level design is pretty clever and intuitive. It was made by 'DahrkDaiz', a fairly reputable homebrew rom designer.

SOL

Working on CREATING one, not playing one. I have actually been in touch with DahrkDaiz via email. I just didnt know if there were others around here that enjoy doing this as well.