• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Emulator Release: PCSX2 0.9.6 released!!

yocho182

#Huge rewrite, mainly from the new members of the Playground branch! Too many speedups, optimizations and other fixes to write here! Many famous games will now work.
#Dropped VM build replaced by the all new Vtlb, meaning no more ‘Cannot allocate memory’ errors at start up, more accurate emulation, slightly lower speeds but with many optimizations to come
#Full memcard support, working in all games
#Improved Frameskip/VU-skip
#Special Game Fixes Section
#Advanced Options Section for custom tweaking VU/FPU behavior.
#Rewritten Multithreaded GS (MTGS) mode, with as much as 15% speedup for HT machines (only 3-5% for Dual Core), and fixes many instabilities.
#Improved VU/FPU Flags and Clamping support (helps fix odd behaviors and SPS in some games)
#Improved EE/IOP synchronization (fixes many freeze-ups and vmhacks).
#Improved CDVD support.
The older versions will NOT be supported in our forums,so 0.9.4,0.9.5 and playground are not supported anymore

http://www.pcsx2.net/

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I got curious and fired up an ISO of Kingdom Hearts 2 and it runs fairly well in the beginning of the game. Intro movie ran at 30-34 fps, in-game between 20 and 50 fps.

I'm not sure if the sound is a bit slow though, can't run the game on my PS2 right now to find out. but then, I haven't really messed much with configuring the plugins so...

I'm going to try Suikoden III next since it's now listed as playable.

So, great update!