Players Choice Roms for MameUI 129u3 how to run the roms?

xplics

I can not get any of the nes players choice 10 roms to work for mameui, any advice on if the games are not fully emulated or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You also need the playchoice 10 bios file playch10.zip to be present in the rom folder.
Leave it zipped and put it in the folder like any other game rom and your Playchoice 10 games will work.

Mame has a number of systems that require a bios, so its probably worth searching for 'Mame bios files' and putting them all into your rom folder.

xplics

Fat trucker thank you for the response but I forgot to mention that the player bios are in the roms folder already. I actually am able to start the game up, however once I insert the coins button the game tells me to pick a game but no matter what I can not start up the game? Anyone else having this issue as well?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Did you check the controls for the PlayChoice? I was fiddling around with them a while ago and perhaps I noticed you don't start them the normal way. Use the TAB button to see the controls.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Spot on, Playchoice uses a select button, '1' by default and an Enter key '-' (minus key next to the = key) by default.

So '1' is the select key (cycles menu options)

'-' is the Enter key and confirms selections

and '2' is the Start key which will start the game.

Last edited:

xplics

Alcoatjez and FatTrucker you two are the freakin best :), thank you so much for the help. Even though I have a nes emulator with all the roms ready to go, I enjoy mame a lot and the way I am is when I want something to work I tend to keep trying until I get it to go. I could not figure out what to do with the players choice roms and it was really erking me. Thank you guys again for the help I owe you two. Thanks again :D.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
No probs. Remember you can hit the TAB key in-game, select Video options and change the game screen to just display the main game screen, (removing the Playchoice menu from the top) so you aren't playing on a squashed little window in the bottom half of your monitor.

xplics

No probs. Remember you can hit the TAB key in-game, select Video options and change the game screen to just display the main game screen, (removing the Playchoice menu from the top) so you aren't playing on a squashed little window in the bottom half of your monitor.

WOW, thanks again had no clue about that one either. FT you rock :).