VirtuaNES (etc) fullscreen on second monitor

Superphilipp

Hi,

I am using VirtuaNES to play NES games. I would like to be able to play a game in fullscreen on my second monitor (which is my bigger TV screen), but every time I press Alt+Enter it maximises to my primary monitor. Project64 and some other emulators detect which screen the window is on and then display the full screen image on that screen, but I haven't yet found a NES emulator that can do it. Switching my TV to be my primary monitor isn't a good option because that would mess up my desktop icons, the size of my messenger program and a whole lot of other custom settings.

Am I overlooking a feature in VirtuaNES? And if the program can't do it, would anybody recommend one that can?

I am using Vista 32 bit.

Last edited:

Zach

It may simply not have the option built in.. Try using a different mode if you are using clone mode. And make sure you overlay options are set properly in your graphics control panel..

I haven't messed with TV out for a long time unfortunately.. I know you should be able to drop the program onto your TV's desktop in a mode outside of clone display mode, but I am unsure of wheather that is a true fullscreen mode or not.

There should be a way to tell windows to show your fullscreen programs on the secondary monitor, I thought, though.

Can't help you with your desktop icons, but for the case of everything else, minimizing all program windows before running the emulator with the TV as primary, might take care of those issues.. If you're TV is high quality and has a crystal clear picture might want to consider just using that too :p

Last edited: