snes9x Sound problem, help?

iSergi

I downloaded the game Super Metroid for snes9x and it works fine, the only shity thing is that the sound is messed up and I don't know how to fix it. Some games like Mega Man X the sound sounds fine, but it sounds a lil messed up on Super Metroid

I tried to changin the Hz and the sound buffering, but it didn't help, is there some kind of port or plug in I need? Or is there a spesific type of setings I need to configure?

tnx to the people who read, and replied :D, the ones who just read and didn't reply :fuckyou:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
tnx to the people who read, and replied :D, the ones who just read and didn't reply :fuckyou:

Firstly, thats a pretty rude way to end your post and sticking threads on the board with that kind of sentiment aren't likely to see you get much help.

There are lots of dodgy Metroid roms around so its quite possible you have a dodgy rom. However sound support can vary from game to game and from emulator to emulator. Have you tired booting the rom with something like Zsnes to see if it has the same problem there?. If it does the same thing in Zsnes then its more than likely your rom is bad.

If its ok in Zsnes then you could try using v-sync in the Snes9x video settings as sound bugs can often be caused by synch issues with the video rather than the sound settings.

iSergi

che boy, I tried it on ZSNES but zsnes cant be played with a gamepad so I use it, where could I get a normal Super Metroid Rom and not a dodgy one?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
che boy, I tried it on ZSNES but zsnes cant be played with a gamepad so I use it, where could I get a normal Super Metroid Rom and not a dodgy one?

No ROM requests please.
To see whether your ROM is good:
- Download NRST.
- Remove the header of your ROM (if present).
- Check it's crc.
- If you have the European one, it should be: ad2cbf9c
- If you have the Japan/USA one, it should be: d63ed5f8