Is it game over for Windows Vista?

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
The saviour that was meant to be, Vista Service Pack 1, isn’t. In some cases it’s actually a performance decrease for an operating system already grinding up-to-date PCs to a halt. XP fans (for the most part) are happily using Service Pack 3, and Windows 7 (formerly known as Blackcomb) is barking at the gates (or should that be Gates?), ready for an early release in Q3 2009. Windows Vista never stood a chance.

Read more here.

http://loader.gadgetzone.com.au/Reviews/May-2008/Analyses--Is-it-game-over-for-Windows-Vista-.aspx

Hrothgar

Dude, even if Vista sent out swarms of mechanical bee's at it's users, Microsoft would still sell it and people would still buy it. That's just how stubborn Microsoft is.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I wonder where this perfomance decrease is ,as i only see better performance with SP1 in Ultimate version,every program runs faster and much better?????

My PC spec
ASUS P5LD2-X
3.8GHZ Single core
1GB RAM
ATI RADEON 512 MB
320GB HDD
DVD RAM

Mavtak

The saviour that was meant to be, Vista Service Pack 1, isn’t. In some cases it’s actually a performance decrease for an operating system already grinding up-to-date PCs to a halt. XP fans (for the most part) are happily using Service Pack 3, and Windows 7 (formerly known as Blackcomb) is barking at the gates (or should that be Gates?), ready for an early release in Q3 2009. Windows Vista never stood a chance.

Read more here.

http://loader.gadgetzone.com.au/Reviews/May-2008/Analyses--Is-it-game-over-for-Windows-Vista-.aspx

Numbers, numbers... they mean nothing.

Jale

Service Pack 1 are just minor fixes. Let's hope Service Pack 2 brings it to life, just like it did for XP.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Vista was sort of a intermediate release anyways. It never really was going to be a full os. Since it was to "pretty" m$ push it on to the market. Sort of like windows eXperiment , that was quickly renamed to windows eXperience. I think Gadget zone said its best.

No matter what kind of reluctant computer user you are, swapping to Vista just doesn’t make sense anymore. There are a few different perspectives you can look at it from. It’s hard to come up with reasons for broad groups of computer users, like gamers, business users and home users to migrate to Vista as well.

Though I think windows 7 will be close enough to vista the you can upgrade. Well at least lets hope.