What IS do you use ?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi i just want to collect some user information for IS (internet security).Just to know cause i 've tried all and i am stuck with ESET smart security because it has great power in defeating all knowing and non knowing variants of all viruses.
Plus i have the fix which i get free updates until January 5 2050. After trying all out i thought to myself this is the best ,there is no doubt. But if you tell me there is something more flexible and more powerful ,you are welcome to tell me.

In fact i am starting to get bored,no virus ,no spyware ,no nothing can make any harm to me.
Usually once in a month i was virus infected ,spyware infected ,or in the worst case some changes were made to my PC by some unknown source ,i guess ROOTKITS.

P.S just kidding in the upper paragraph i am really happy with ESET it has saved my life.

Last edited:

Jale

Definitely, ESET products are the best in overall security. Well, my IS is:

Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.621.0.
Firewall: Windows Firewall.
Spyware and systen inmunization: SpyBot Search & Destroy.
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11.

And the most important thing: Common sense.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I notice a good thing in you.

You have three type of different defenders,that's fun.
So i was right about ESET after all :)

belmont

Hi Leon. haven't seen you for some time.

Anyway apart from what Jale said another good solution is the Panda internet security.

Ryanfaescotland

Like Jale I rely highly on common sense, unlike Jale my common sense says don't post your security software on public forums ;)

EDIT - I will say though I often use The Cleaner from Moosoft, used it once years ago and it found heaps of things that were actual threats and not just cookies such as the Sub7 Trojan (anyone remember that?) so I'd recommend that. It has a 30day trial if you'd like to try it out first.

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
belmont , i have tried it and i can tell and i am absolutely sure for it that ESET smart security is way far more better then Panda. In fact is the only IS which use Threatsense which is a great way of defeating all threats. Plus it has updates every 60 minutes. With that said ,i have sympathy for Panda ,but i will never change my IS until 2050 if i live that long of course :)))))

belmont , i have been busy playing all DREAMCAST possible ISOS i could find. I didn't know a 32 bit system was that great. I love Shootem UPs 3D with the look of 2D and that was the most perfect system which i played this kind of games for many hours a day. I guess for a few time i forgot what real life was :)

Last edited:

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
AV: Kaspersky AV 7.0
Firewall: Windows Firewall (though I frequently turn it off, as I think being behind NAT has the same effect as a firewall)
Spyware: none actually. I just make sure I don't install anything suspicious.
Browser: Firefox 2 (latest)

montpics

Antivirus : AVG Free Edition
Firewall : Windows Firewall
Spyware : None
Browser : IE7 and Mozilla

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Firewall - ZoneAlarm & and Windows Firewall
Antivirus - AVG Free edition
Spyware - Spybot Search & Destroy
Web browser - Firefox