My Em Won't "Save"

clules

Back again guys. No my problems aren't resolved, I'm just working from another angle and hoping to figure this out.

My question is: Why won't my emulator "Save"? Please remember you're talking to someone who isn't computer savvy in the least.

Jale

Be sure to set up your save directories first. Go to Options --> Emulator --> Directories.

Some games may require the BIOS file to work properly.

clules

Be sure to set up your save directories first. Go to Options --> Emulator --> Directories.

Some games may require the BIOS file to work properly.
I went into the Directories...there is a save games but it's not clickable. And while my C:\Docu... is in the window next to it. it appears like the words that direct you to click on an icon to post in here. Shaded. The word Browse is on the right. How do I set the save games please?

The BIOS file??? Do you mean the first page of a boot up? Well what if the computer were reformatted, would that affect the BIOS and/or CMOS? I was told I might need to check the Backup Memory Battery of the BIOS and CMOS. ER, in reference to the freezing and being booted to the BIOS or Black Screen.

Last edited:

clules

The issue of saving the game has been answered. If you can tell me why My Documents is booting (or crashing whichever might be the correct term), and I'm not logged in to my ISP, I'd sure appreciate it.

clules

I have a new question. I was asked to have the compyer boot to safe mode and to see if the same problems continued. If not, the problem was probably software related. If so hareware. Well I played the em in safe mode (offline) and it played until I shut it down. It usually booted me after about ten minutes or less. The thing is the speed was twice as fast. Where it usally has 100 percent at the top it had betweem 180+ and 200+. Any suggestions.

Thank you.

BTW, does the Hz being set at 44 matter. It also has 11 and 22 Hz.

yunantidus

yunantidus
Safe Mode is not as good as normal mode.Safe mode uses less drivers so it is not good and it uses a very lowest graphic so it is not good for games.
The sound Hz you mean,doesn't matter 44 is the clearest sound you can hear.

clules

Yes, it's sound. Actually there wasn't any sound. Is that because of safe mode? Also, you never replied to the body of the question. At least I don't think so. Is the poor quality also to blame for the exxagerated speed. Can anything be done about it?

gforce75

Cloud
Dude, to be honest... give a very detailed description of everything from begining to end. You could have anything from what your saying. :p

montpics

The BIOS file??? Do you mean the first page of a boot up? Well what if the computer were reformatted, would that affect the BIOS and/or CMOS? I was told I might need to check the Backup Memory Battery of the BIOS and CMOS. ER, in reference to the freezing and being booted to the BIOS or Black Screen.
No, what Butters mentioned is GBA BIOS, not PC BIOS. Generally the save file will be created as *.sav automaticaly in a folder where your ROMs is located. (once you save the game)

Any luck using VisualBoy Advance (the latest version)?

Note : Safe mode will disable all the drivers temporarily which will include sound and graphics, unless you boot up in normal mode.

Last edited:

clules

I don't want to start another file, but I have the game's "Save" working. And forgive me for asking this again, but when I say I have no working knowledge of computers, that exactly what I mean. While I'm not going into the tower, I can click on commands. What I wanted was just to understand why the safe mode speed is so fast when everyone says, safe mode is so slow.

I'm using a Visualboy me and it's set on Automatic Type rather than CGB. The speed of the darn thing is doubled.

Zach

There should be a Throttle setting or frame limiter setting of some sort I think.. I haven't played with it for months so I don't remember. Anyway if you find it you want to cap it at 100% or just over 100% if the issue is the game playing too fast..

As for people saying safe mode is slow. Yes, this is generally too when dealing with some applications, however like has been mentioned, less resources are being taken up by Windows.

Also, I am guessing you boot into at least 16-bit color mode, and if that's the case all you need to play VBA is even a basic little card because it's all 2D graphics anyway and doesn't take up that much video memory.

If you were trying to run a 3D PC game or emulator then you would probably see the system run slow as balls