Black Screen on ePSXe

HouseQuake

Im having allot of trouble getting ePSXe started. I installed all plugins as I read on the forum, I got the correct BIOS because when I do run BIOS I come in the menu. But when I load my ff9 disc I just get black screen and nothing happens. I tried making a ISO out of it (maybe that made difference) but I get same black screen then. I hope somone can help me because I really wanna play ff9!!! thanks in advance!

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Final Fantasy 8 and 9 need patches, best to get them here, just put them in the patches folder and use P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4 plugin, click on the option use ppf patch file and then browse for the patch.

Last edited:

gforce75

Cloud
For real? When I played it back 2 years ago, I never needed a patch, uh.... but who knows. It's been awhile.

softcode

i want play God Of War but the screen is blank(black),then i try to test the BIOS whit command 'File -> Run BIOS' but still doesn't work

let me know the solution or any requiredment/specification..

thanks!

syuvial

insert krappy title here
I'm working on a laptop with a broken CD drive, and I'm having the same problem with the ISO, and the patch linked above appears to be used only for playing the game if you're running the CD on your computer.

Jale

Final Fantasy 8 and 9 need patches, best to get them here, just put them in the patches folder and use P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4 plugin, click on the option use ppf patch file and then browse for the patch.
What does this patch do? I'm currently playing Final Fantasy IX without any patch and I'm on disc 2 already.

Solis

What does this patch do? I'm currently playing Final Fantasy IX without any patch and I'm on disc 2 already.

They remove the copy protection so the game can be played. Only the PAL versions of FF8 & FF9 need the patch. Without the patch you get a black screen/a locked screen when trying to play the game.

Last edited:

Jale

I understand. My Final Fantasy IX is NTSC, but my Final Fantasy VIII is PAL and ePSXe can run it too without patching.

Solis

Hello Butters,

Which bios are you playing ff8 with? Is It scph1001? If so thats probably why. Try playing with the scph1002. Emulator programmers eventually get around the copy protection and fix the emulator so you don't need the patch. I can think of one example try Dino Crisis on pSX 1.12 then on PSXevenv.19 and You will see that pSX stays at the waring screen and on PSXevenv.19 the game plays just fine. But if you patch the game it should work on pSX1.12 as well.

Curious2know

thnx ALLOT man, It works totally fine now with the patch!! :D

I have the same problem, for which you have found the answer - thanks. However, I do not know what these patches files are, please email me those patches for FF8 or show the link where you got them from. Tired of searching on google search engine, etc etc. Plzz.......

Curious2know

I have the same problem, for which you have found the answer - thanks. However, I do not know what these patches files are, please email me those patches for FF8 or show the link where you got them from. Tired of searching on google search engine, etc etc. Plzz.......